For those of you who are, Why do you think you're single?

Why are you single?

I'm single because....

- Age is important to me. Most people believe age ain't nothing but a number, but I honestly want a guy who's my age. However, I mostly approached by guy who are 2 years older/younger than me.

- I'm not trying to have sex right now.

- I don't get out much.

- I'm to scared to tell a guy how I feel. Like, I need to be reassured that he's into me before I give it ago. Clearly, I'm afraid of rejection.

- I often chicken out when the opportunity approaches.

- I'm picky about the little things on a guy like his Nose, Fingernails, Fashion Sense, Hairstyle, Tattoos, and Weight.

- I want a longterm relationship. I want to date for about a year or two and then I hope to be proposed to. Then we'd marry and have kids. All of this would be before 30. For most people, thats too soon.

So thats why I'm single. Why are you?

• Too Picky
  • Afraid to Commit
  • Insecure
  • Not Sure Why
  • Im Not Single

Most Helpful Guy

• Surprisingly similar to your reasons.

People call me idealistic, but I want only one woman in my life

• Thats nice to hear. I dont know to many guys who are a one woman man

• Boys want many girls.

Men want one woman

• Lol good point

What Guys Said 59

• Because I'm picky and then only girls I've ever had feelings for is in a crumbling relationship. And she told me I have a chance with her so I'm just waiting to see if I'll end up with her. But I don't have to be single I chose to be, because I have so many females wanting to get with me but I ignore them becaue I'm in love with this girl who has changed me for the better. Also she the only girl I've ever wanted to settle down for. So I'm just waiting to see where this gose. And if I never end up with her than I know I will never settled down with anyone. I'll just remain single for the rest of my life and just have a bunch of women I don't care about because I can't have the only one who I've ever cared about. Call me what ever you want but this just how I feel and I doubt anything or anyone can change that. But being picky is basically the reason I'm single.

• ●I'm shy guy
    ●I'm not trying
    ●I'm not in love with anybody
    ●I'm loser
    ●I think it'll fail again
    ●I'm not attractive that girls would approach me
    ●I'm focused on my career now
    ●I'm introvert
    ●I'm unlucky
    ●I don't have that much contacts
    ●I missed so many opportunities.
    ●I waste time.
    ●Multiple personality disorder
    ●I'm devil
    ●Even I don't know who I am.

• Yea I've oassed up several opportunities as well... Sucks

• But one thing, I'm alive and happy for who I am and that's enough.

• My wang just don't work no more.

news.xinhuanet.com/.../132063053_11n.jpg

• Voted C. I'm too insecure and I have a morbid fear of rejection, so i never approach women. I have a nasty inferiority complex too, and constantly feel that I'm not 'good enough' for women and they'd reject me anyway.

• If anything women shouldn't feel "good enough" for you

• You shouldn't feel below anybody. I also dont think anyone should feel as f they're above anyone. We should all be equals. Dont let the "good enough" cycle phase you

• Thank you! I have been in a couple of relationships, but those were ages ago and the girls themselves approached me. Have been single for almost 5 years now, and I just can't seem to approach women at all. Even if start developing feelings for someone, I just kill those feelings instead of letting them grow and get rejected when I confess.

It seriously sucks to be this insecure. :(

• Women are too picky. Most (not all) are holding out for some ridiculous fantasy that Mr Right will come and sweep them of their feet. Which is not going to happen. A lot of women (particularly online) mostly seem to attract arseholes, and are wanting to meet someone different. This begs the question, what is decent? Hell if I know. I have viewed many online profiles, and you should see the list of qualities that they want in a man, it is far and beyond reasonable. Ps Men can be just as bad, so I've heard.

• Not gonna lie, I'm kinda insecure when approaching a girl. I actually have a good record, like I've never been rejected, but I rarely approached because I'm afraid of failure and rejection. Also I have trouble trusting people, so approaching a stranger is not easy for me.

• Yes I forgot to mention that I have trust issues as well

• If I actually dated the person and then they broke up with me, I would like a reason though

• Yeah, in that case I would want a reason too, they liked you, and now they wanna break up? I wanna know why.

• I think what you've done is evaluated how men have treated you in the past, reflected on the impact of the things they may have said, or the commitments they may have failed to live up on. You've experienced the joy of love and the pain of heart break, perhaps even the lust of sex and the sting of rejection. But Most importantly you've compartmentalized all the things you looking for (which I don't think any one can be too picky) and now your on the hunt after having set your standards and expectations for a man whom you wish to marry perhaps have children and grow old with. Unfortunately we can't truly discover the internal nature of someone we've met via internet, even if their image is what you wish to lay by your side for eternity, if this is to take place before you are 30, I'd say, soberly non judgmental step out of this digital bubble and try attending groups or, activities you've never considered. If he's out there, you both have to find each other. Even if he perspires more than a usual man or perhaps you have very active hair follicles on your mid brow (just an analogy) but until it goes from touch screen to pen and paper you perhaps aren't prepared to meet him, because he likely will be sensitive and mature and wise as you'd hoped. My point is, it all starts in that awkward millisecond after you say hello to someone who may have been headed in another directions. If he's right it will most likely be warm and enchanting, but not overly so, because it will be right, and most likely in person, wether communication to meet up has taken place or not. Alas you will have become decisive enough to go and say yes or inquire, reject or deny boys or men whom may or may not be good for you. I think the balance at first is crucial as well, com I, g from a Libra ( ;

• Lol thanks for the tip but I think you misunderstood me as if i Never go out. Lol I mean on weekdays I go to school and talk to several crushes. Its just the nights when I stay inside at home. On weekends I go to the mall or out to eat. I've definitely met a lot of people. I'll even talk to them to the point of almost dating. Yet, I always chicken out last minute

• im not making an effort right now, have so much on this plate hahaa.

• I guess I can understand that

• I work full time and have Nursing school full time... I can DEFINITELY understand that! But when I'm done with school...

• Back when I was single, I was making mistake after mistake with dating and my choice of women. So I decided to just forget girls for awhile until I could get myself straghtened out again. Now I have my girlfriend and she's awesome : )
    Some people are single by choice

• I'm very picky and I'm a bit shy and insecure with the gals. I'm a perfectionist in a lot of ways and I can be very hard on myself, which affects my self-confidence.

• Yea I'm pretty hard on myself as well

• Here's mines.

- I am not attractive.

- I am sometimes awkward, and can be loud.

- I am too kind so I always end up being friend zoned.

- I just recently discovered the signs of what women do when they like Men.

- I have bad luck with Woman. Either they don't like me, or their friends tell them not to date me.

- Whenever I did get into one I always end up being let down. I was cheated on in my last relationship, and I don't want to be hurt again anytime soon as I am not ready for anything like that which would hurt me.

- I have almost always been misunderstood, or mistreated my whole life, and due to this I can be high maintenance. It's due to the pain. I have to protect myself.

HOWEVER: I am willing to love the right Woman if she loves me for me, and understands where I am from. :).

• Aww... Sorry to hear you went through most of that. Well the good thing is, we basically know why we're single. I rather know then wonder

• Yeah. Sadly all genders criticize each other, but it turns out that we are all a**holes. :).

• I'm not single but I know for sure if you really want something bad enough you'll make it work. Time, busy schedules, and pickyness are all excuses. Its because people don't want to be in relationships that they're not in relationships not for any other reason.

• Two years difference. Now call me old but I have a three year buffer on either end that I consider my age.

• because i love my reedom basically!

• because i don´t want to fuck around i actually want a gf. girls don´t want such a boy friend... they rather want a douche they can hopefully turn into a normal dude.

• Now you sound like those guys who just want a hoe to sleep with. I actually want to settle down with someone I want. I dont choose to settle for less nor do I want a douche

• Yes I am like this too... But since this only brought me the friend zone in my whole past live, I have to assume that this is not what girls want.

• work too much and too tired to deal with people after work.

• *In Asian father accent*
      You work less! You become Neal Cassady now! You give me $200 I come to San Francisco and bake you cornbread! You drink Japanese whiskey and sing lullaby!

• *In Asian father accent*
      You go too far! Facebook? You face book and study! You read recipe for shrimp teriyaki right now!

• @JackKerouac77 yes papa, please don't hit me.

• I'm single because my wife died.

• Poor guy. Sorry for your loss. Take your time with getting back into the world of relationships

• Believe me, I am. And thank you for your kindness.

• i dont get out enough, have no game, bad experiences, and dont give a shit a lot of the time. yeah im a trainwreck... lol

• 1) I'm extremely choosey in terms of both looks and personality and sad to say, I haven't come across a woman that hits both.

2) I mainly keep to myself and rarely find myself in situations where I can meet attractive women without it being forced.

3) The few times that I do meet them I find they already have boyfriends or I'm too slow to pull the trigger and the moment passes.

• Speaking of, I'm annoyed by these guys who flirt with me, but never mention that they have a girlfriend. Its rude and makes me feel sorry for the girl because she's being greatly disrespected

• Umm I'm ugly, My self-esteem is next to non-existent so there ya have it

• You are not ugly. I know for a fact lol. Just because you font have a pic up right now doesn't mean that I dont remember what you look like.

• @JackKerouac77 Too bad I can't rap/write poetry >< NO!!!

• Only with that attitude -_-

• Multiple reasons Im single. Under the current circumstances and with most girls being sluts today its almost impossible to find someone (again).

• I dont really like girls my age, and they dont like me
    Girls who i do like are 3+ years older than me, they expect certain things that at my age i just can't offer

so i am left to find a mature pretty girl my age, very rare!

• Lol ur opposite of me. I dont care about maturity, but I do care about age and eant someone my age

• Thats actually a main reason why I'm single. I've come sooooo close to dating 3 guys who were a year younger than me. We confessed everything and shared the I Love Yous and All. But when it came down to it, I chickened out for some reason. However, there is this fourth guy who I met last year. He doesn't know how I feel about him, but he's one of those guys who is one year younger but I'd still sate him

• Good stuff! go for it! cuddle him up!

• I hAve some Hugh standards, so it's rare I find girlfriend material

• Lol how high? Im sure mine are worse

• They aren't unreasonable but I'd say only 5% of girls match my criteria maybe.

• Dang. Thats pretty high

• Well these are my reason...
    -dont want to waste my peak time
    -lots of money required
    -less love more drama at this age
    -no freedom
    -dont wanna take resposibilities
    -immature girls in this age groups!

• Peak time? As for money, neither me or my ex had a job while dating. We still enjoyed eachothers company. Money shouldn't be a requirement unless you're married and need to support one another and a family

• Without education or gr8 qualifications I won't have enough money to not only support my family but to make their life luxurious!

Supporting and making it luxurious has a huge difference bcz people are nowadays getting replaced by machines!

• My penis has needs, not my heart.

• Why do you assume there's a negative reason behind someone being single?

• I never said there was. I'm clearly single by choice, but I also have reasons to believe whats keeping me single.

• that's not what the vote options say aside from not sure why :D

• Whenever a woman shows interest, I don't approach her, 'cause I'm scared.

• Cause its my choice

• I voted D, I try but finding those 25-35 year old women is challenging. Most are not single, and if they are it's not me they are interested in. Life is like that, can't just pick up a girlfriend at walmart when you want one. If only it was that easy.

• Because I choose to be, simply playing the field atm...

• More from Guys
    29

What Girls Said 44

• I'm single by my own choice. I date and get out there. Im picky, but in the sense I'm not attracted to douche bags anymore. I can spot them from a mile away. We live in a day and age where everyone wants a relationship, but they still want to eat and look at the rest of the "buffet", feel me. I'm not looking for a hookup, I've played that game also by my own choice. And it was fun for a while, but I evetually was left feeling empty. So I'm just not fucking around anymore to put it bluntly. Lol

• Yea thats kinda why I'm single. Like I'm looking to marry (after a year or two of dating). Im not one of those girls whose looking to makeout and then disappear

• I feel you girl. The trouble is finding those people that have those same things in mind.

• Yes like I almost want to find my twin but of the opposite sex!

• I picked insecure. I'm not attractive at all, so not too many men are interested. I also don't get out much because I feel so insecure about my looks. I've got social anxiety because of the bullying I used to get from my looks. So I basically just go to work and go home. If I do go out, it's when it's a comfortable setting with my friends. Otherwise I walk a lot or go to the gym to work out. I don't think I am going to meet anyone to be honest. There is a guy I like that I work with, and he is interested back but he won't date me because of work. I think he's the only one who has ever been interested.

• I'm single because:

I'm shy.

I don't take many chances.

I don't take rejection well at all.

I'm afraid to get my heart broken again.

I don't just want anybody.

I'm insecure about certain things.

I haven't met anyone worth taking the risk.

• Wow that last one. I dont think I've ever heard anyone say such lol. I've met plenty of guys worth risking rejection. I just didn't give them the time of day though due to their age of being too old or young and all that different stuff

• Thats what lifes all about though. We gotta go through the aches and breaks

• True. But I'm not in a place to go through it again right now.

• Single because I want to be.
    Whenever a guy shows interest in me, I question it. 'why the fuck does he like me' 'what's wrong with him that he would like me' 'why is this guy always talking to me' 'This guy must just want to be friends' 'He needs help in the class and knows i'm smart'
    The trust issues are strong in me. lol.

• Lol you gotta stop thinking that there needs to be a reason for everything

• BUT THERE HAS TO BE.

lol jk, yah i know. ;p

• Too hot to handle

• I don't approach guys, guys don't approach me. When I'm just friendly with one I already come across as needy/easy. Also, I'm just a quiet person in general and seldom feel the need to talk. I prefer to be comfortable with myself than dressing attractively, so I just don't have that appeal.

• How does your friendliness make you appear needy?

• Because guys can't really see how attractive I am.

• My insecurities get the best of me. I'm working on that though. I am a little picky too... I'm not into the asshole type.

• Basically the exact same reason as you. And probably because I have a very young face, but i'm not as picky. I only get hit on by "shes-way-too-you-for-you-bro" hispanics and lately persians. Not even kidding, 40+ and 65 year olds.
    It makes me mad sometimes because the worst people have the BEST men. I don't think i'm a bad person or an awful looking one and it sucks. Although, I shouldn't be comparing but still, it happens. Then I crush on guys WAY out of my league. Its an annoying/depressing cycle.

• I dont know many people

I stay at home, dont mert new people

Im too quiet

Somehow im not guys type

Im boring

I seem too cold and unapproachable

• I tend to have my cold moments. I try to calm down tho

• I come to the Alps to court you fraulein ;D

• I'm not looking for one but I wouldn't mind being in one.
    The reason why
    - pretty picky about who I would date
    -I'm more into enjoying my childhood right now
    -I don't want to waste my time chasing around a boy who most likey doesn't want to be with the rest if our lives
    -I'm not ready for my first kiss. And I regret my first slow dance.

• Boys have cooties

• none of the above. I don't have a social life atm, the last time I met a new guy was nearly 2.5 years ago.

the plan is to start going out more once it warms up. (:

• -Too busy at the moment. And, busy in a good way :)
    -Still figuring out who I am.
    -I just don't want a serious relationship right now... Not actively looking.
    -Honestly, I haven't been swept off my feet by anybody (yet)

• Well the fact I'm a demiromantic doesn't help, but I'm more insecure about the fact someone someone actually being interested in me romanticly, let alone romantically AND sexually.

• Never stepped out of my comfort zone to let the guy I like know how I feel. I also have the "one of the guys" type of character, so maybe that's something guys don't really appreciate in a potential girlfriend.

• Lol omg thats me all over. Im tomboyish so like 7/10 of my friends are guys... I too am scaredto tell them straight up how I feel

• Freeeeeeeedom

• Love.. Just never finds me..
    Lol just kidding, I have trust issues and my last almost dating situation ended up like a drama, so now I kinda distance myself from relationship and just enjoy time for myself haha

• I'm afraid to commit AND I'm too picky. Really, I am just afraid of settling.

• What about commitment scares you?

• I live in a crap town with crap people that I hate.. Everyone here is thirsty.. It's sickening..

• I'm single because I want to be?

• I just don't meet a lot of new people and I'm a little picky.

• Because I want some time for myself.

• Well when I want alone time, I'd ignore the guy that day. I know how to balance both freedom and companionship lol

• Ignoring your boyfriend for a day is not the same as being alone and concentrating on your life

• Everything you wrote except I'm always outside.

• Lol always outside doing what?

• Lol I mean I'm rarely home so there's plenty of opportunities for me to meet new people.

• Oh yea I really only go out if I'm goin to school or the mall

• Umm I guess I'm not looking actively. I don't really have time and most of the guys I socialise with are amazing friends and friends with benefits is so much easier 😂

• Friends with benefits? Nahh I'll pass

• Each to their own, once I've formed a connection with someone it runs too deep for me. It's my way of protecting myself and having fun :)

• Cause I wanna be

• All of the above!

• Afraid of commitment maybe... It's not a lack of "opportunity" but a lack of self confidence and clumsiness based on the fact that I'm an emotional mess...

• Ahaha, we have the exact same reasons xD

• Don't want to commit

• More from Girls
    14