Am I overthinking things or should I have some doubts?

So I've been crushing on this boy who is suuper shy and sweet. We hardly know each other but we hit it off pretty well when we spent a school event together. (He's 3 years older fyi) and he showed a lot of the signs of attraction that I've heard about like subtle mimicking and nervous behavior. He was also the one who approached me and stuff. a lot of my friends and then some not so my friends told me that he looked at me the way a girl wants to be looked at which made me really happy. Things were going really well and he asked me to see him sometime during spring break since it was the last day before the break. I also noticed that he was really struggling with asking me. I said yes and I gave him my snapchat contact. He sent me a snap first after school and i replied to him but then he didn't reply after seeing it. I get that it was because he was working but he did it again later that day. He then sent me a snap the day after but I didn't see it until 5 hours later which was during the night once I got back home. I replied of course and I thought thst he might have gone to sleep but then about an hour later I noticed that he had opened it but didn't reply again. Should I worry about this behaviour or is it common for a shy guy? Am I being paranoid? I've never fallen for anyone until I met him and its really hard to deal with. Please give me some advice :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him that he is a great guy and you are not playing around if you want to spend time together but you don't want to start anything that can happen to you and him where your mom and dad break up the relationship. So take it easy for a while. and if he doesn't listen to you than you say goodbye!

• But how can I do that without sounding just a little aggressive, It might drive him away

What Guys Said 1

• maybe he was tired and didn't want to reply to your message, you're overthinking...

What Girls Said 1

• It's probably just a common guy thing. The guy I text with sometimes doesn't reply at all or until a few hours later either. From what I see, he's clearly showing some interest. Don't worry about it too much and make sure to not ask him why he didn't reply to you, that'll make you come off as clingy. Also, don't send another and wait for him to initiate the conversation first! That way, it shows that he's been thinking about you during his lone time. Good luck!