How to be less forgiving?

I'm a very forgiving person unless you fysically hurt me, but when it comes to emotionally hurting me, i feel like i can't stay mad at people i like or love, i forgve too fast.
I'm afraid that later when I'll be living with a partner, if he cheats on me, i won't be able to kick him out/cut him out of my life, because i always wanna forgive people i love.
So help me please!

Most Helpful Guy

• there's a difference between forgiving and repeating a mistake. yes you can forgive, but forgiveness is a personal thing, forgiving is you no longer being angry at a matter or letting it get to you and being at peace with what happened and the person who has wronged you. Under no circumstances should that be mistaken for allowing them to repeat the offence.

Forgive but dont forget, if someone constantly steals from you because you gave them keys to your house, you can forgive them for stealing, but you shouldn't just leave the locks unchanged. You forgiving that person means you are no longer angry and there's no bad blood between the two of you, but that doesn't mean the person will change, so you still have to make the proper precautions to not be stolen from again.

What Guys Said 2

• it's your character... you canot change that basically...:-)

• Got exactly the samething its all character

What Girls Said 1

• Forgiving is for you not the other person. Forgiving doesn't excuse what they did but it allows you to let go of the hurt. Maybe you want to be more assertive and strong when making decisions?