Please Help! I asked out this girl I like and she said no :( I feel very down and need someone to talk too. Can someone help please?

I'm a shy guy and this took me 3 years to muster the courage. She always flirts with me and touches me but she said no and said she considered me as a brother and a very nice person. I feel very down because i loved her for a long time and i really did think she liked me :( My confidence is really down and i was asking if someone can help.

Most Helpful Guy

• If she flirted with you you might not be wrong, but she might have something else going on right now. Who knows. Gather more information.

I feel your pain on the pining for years thing. That shit sucks. Try not to do it if at all possible. Any possible way you can convince yourself to make subtle, civilized, but intent-signalling moves earlier on when a girl catches your eye, DO it. Then the stakes don't get a chance to get so high. There, I just compressed six years of talk therapy into a paragraph for you. :)

Meantime, work on making yourself interesting - hobbies, teams, activities etc. Even if it's weird and different, like writing code instead of picking up guitar, etc.

What Girls Said 3

• If she was leading you on like that and turned you down, she was in the wrong. It may have taken you awhile to get the courage to ask her out, but you did it! I'm proud of you for doing it, even though you didn't get the intended result. I think being shy is one of the most attractive qualities in a man, and the fact that you cared enough about this girl to ask her out should make her feel VERY special. It is hard for anyone to ask someone out. However it takes extra courage for a shy guy to do anything social let alone ask that special girl out. When he does finally muster the courage to ask, it tells me that I mean enough to him that he is willing to put himself out there.

• i don;t know if i will find another girl and if i do i will have the same fear :(

• You will find another girl! And that fear will let the next girl know that you think she is quality, and worth risking your feelings for. Don't let this experience get you down. It will all be ok! :)

• thank you

• Well it's been 3 years... if she liked you she would of persued something by now so it's been obvious the whole time she never liked you, so don't worry about it, there are plenty of fish in the sea, especially these days.

• i wouldn't say that, she constantly touched me and flirted with me and was intersested in things i was interested in and ALWAYS talked to me first and teased me. But there are many fish as you say, its just i'm shy ad I don't know where to look

• Aww don't worry i've never even been with someone so i have no clue how to even be in that situation lol i've liked quite a few guys though but sadly non of them liked me back, so i get how you feel but you wil be fine quick enough.

• thanks

• Hey there r other people who will love u for you, you just have to find them just because you r rejected once or twice it means u r getting closer to the right person.

What Guys Said 3

• It's not the end of the world brother , it just feels like it is. It's tough getting told no when you put yourself on the line like you did. It's a real kick in the ego without a doubt. What do you plan to do now? Will you and her remain friends or will you allow this to become a wedge between the two of you?

• I mean really I don't know if i want to be friends but cause we're in the same group i can't just ignore her forever. I guess i will be but not pay as much attention.

• Ok thanks for the advice

• You are welcomed dude , if it doesn't feel right just trust your guy , it's seldom wrong.

• There will be others. Trust me on that. See if you can focus more on getting that kinda answer sooner than later. You worked up 3 years of feeling which made it harder on you than necessary when she said no. Picture if you only had 1 week's worth of feelings built up and she said no. It woulda been a lot easier for you.

• you should take some bacon and a beer, that will make you feel better :)