Girls: How long would you consider the normal date to last?

Would you consider seven hours to go beyond the typical time for a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you talking about a first date? A first date should last an hour, maybe a little longer, unless say you really know each other well as friends, but even at that it should only last a couple of hours.

A 7 hour date at any point is really long. That is the amount of time you would spend with someone you are in a relationship with, but if you are just dating I think that is too long. It actually can create a situation where someone who is in to you could feel uncomfortable with too much contact.

I noticed dating is a dance between being together and having time to think about the experience as well as consider what it would be like to spend even more time together. You both need that down time after a couple of hours to just consider your thoughts on how it went and then to anticipate the next time.

• Neither one of us called or referred to it as a date. I had told her I was going to a fun place and she said she'd like to go with me. I was going to add to the agenda but she had ideas of her own. First it was dinner, then dinner and a movie, then dinner, a movie, a sports bar and finally going to a haunted house. Everything beyond going to the haunted house was mainly her idea.

• Well, it is a date, at least on your side of it. I imagine on her side of it as well considering all the other things she added to it. So, it is too long for a first date. If you really want to date her and have a 2nd date, I think you should whittle this back down to a few hours. Hey it leaves something to do on the 2nd date.

What Girls Said 2

• It all depends on how the date is going, if the seven hours went by so fast that you didn't notice it to be that long, then it wasn't too long! ty-lady!

• No it depends what the date is really.

What Guys Said 3

• however long it doesn't feel forced or uncomfortable. I have had some where I was done 15 mins into the date and others where after 5 hours your still going strong.

7 hours are fine if they move really fast and easily.

The key to any great date is don't stress, at all... ever... in any way. Relax and have fun.

• Yes, that is longer than the typical date. But it all depends on how well the two of you hit it off -- I don't believe in setting rules myself.

• 1-3 hours max