Should an ugly guy approach girls?

It seems that girls don't like being approached by guys they're attracted to but expect a guy she's attracted to to approach her.
So as an ugly guy, do you just sit back and wait for them to approach you? (which will never happen, unless she was really down or needed your help)

* I meant "It seems that girls don't like being approached by guys they're NOT attracted to"

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course you should approach girls. Forget about the balance of the universe and keeping things "fair". It's not your job to bring justice to dating scene. You have to want to get pussy for yourself and nobody else.

Now as for being ugly, here's the deal. While there are certain guys that are clearly handsome studs, most of us don't have a firm grasp on what it is girls look for in a partner. My guy friends think I'm HANDSOME. That's a guy's scale. When it comes to girl's opinions, I'm REPULSIVE, because my features are not "masculine" and I'm mostly an introvert.

There's a disconnect between what girls want and what guys THINK girls want. Girls look at features like height, hands, shoulders, chest, and other features that exude power. They also want a confident personality, one that serves as a beacon of stability and reason amidst her madness. He must also be able to provide for and protect her. Money provides. If you make good money, you're a provider. If you have all of the features and characteristics listed above, you can protect her.

Now, you were saying you're ugly? Even if your face was slightly askew, all of those characteristics listed above make up for it.

I see "ugly" guys get some of the most attractive girls I've ever seen. Literally, one of the hottest girls I ever saw at the gym met up with her 6'4'' athletic/lanky boyfriend with goofy face and a huge bulge in his shorts. Guys would never go for the "female" version of that guy. You really have to give yourself a chance and see whether or not you're ugly, because you can't decide that for yourself.

What Girls Said 5

• You know the expression "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? As corny as it may sound, there is some validity in that statement. What one person considers "ugly" may be attractive to someone else. You know what else plays into that? Personality and attitude. Attitude makes all the difference. There have been average or even unattractive guys that I have found myself attracted to over the years because their personality made me think, "Hmm, there may be something here." Some of the most physically beautiful individuals have marred themselves with ugly attitudes, and some that are not conventionally beautiful adopt the attitude, "Hey, I may not be cute, but dammit, I'm awesome!" Which one are you more likely to gravitate towards? Bottom line, if you think you're physically unattractive, and you let it show through your behaviors and attitude, you're SOL. If you own it, you never know who might be interested.

• no. ugly guys should not approach girls. girls don't want them anyway...

that's what you want to hear, isn't it?

• You got any better ideas?

• No don't bother. I notice girls will do anything to manipulate guys in University when they need help. These guys are not pretty looking.

• Go for it. What matters is the heart and i don't believe there is an ugly guy, you are just exaggerating. It might take some time, but you should accept your self and be confident about yourself and in that way, people's word won't affect you in any way xx

• Yeah not every girl will find you ugly.

What Guys Said 12

• Nobody is 'ugly'. Period.

• are you trippin? ofcourse some people are ugly.

• Ok 2 more flaws with your statement. You are saying that 'ugly' and 'nigger' has the same level of degradation? Go to a black guy and say those two words to him and then ask which he finds more offensive.

And ok, lets assume I am ugly. But what has this got to do with the discussion? When was the last time you've raised a logical argument against anything of the points I raised? My patience is running thin Mr 140 IQ.

• I'm a yellow person... and call myself one. Why would i object to it as being RACIST? Do white people get angry about called white? :P

• There will be some people who will say, "There's no such thing as ugly. Every one can be beautiful on the inside!". Which is total BS.
    Then there will be those who will say, "Yes, you have to pursue women and deal with rejection all of the time because it's a man's duty to be the dog that pursues". That last part they of course will not admit.

The main thing is to just not care if you're ugly or not. If you don't want to approach women at the moment, then don't. If you do then go ahead. And if you get rejected, so what? Not your problem anymore, move on and, again, do whatever you deem necessary. Just make sure you do things because YOU want them, not because it's socially expected of you.

• He's going to need to do the approaching.

One of two broad approaches:
    - hit on lots of girls and take rejection in stride.

- chat with everyone around you. Get in the habit of just being an outgoing guy. If a girl you find at all interesting is carrying conversation with you well try flirting a little if she doesn't back away then ask her out.

Do whichever of the above is more appealing to you.

• Here's the best short course I know. You could do well to get a copy.
    www.amazon.com/Superdate-Tracey-Cox/dp/0756607558
    It explains body language and how to notice hidden indications of attraction.

Still, if you see no sign of interest, just move on and try elsewhere.

• if he desires to be in a relationship or to sleep with women then yes he should. He should work very hard to be the best him he can be and though it will be hard let go of the negativity women direct at him simply for not being their type.

• Even good looking guys don't often get approached by women, let alone ugly/normal people. You have to approach (this is true for 95% of guys), but be real with your expectations

• Not true. Good looking guys get approached, or at least receive signals ALL the time.

• Signals =/ Approached. You still have to approach after receiving signals. Even if they get approached, the guy still has to take control of the conversation or she will lose interest. How do I know this? Because I've been approached by girls on the street a couple times, and especially when I was younger I had no game, I had nothing interesting to say and they would lose interest or the conversation would get too awkward. Now I have some game, it doesn't matter if they approach or I approach. Its basically the same thing to me.

*Of course these rules don't apply if you're a celebrity or a 10/10 male model.

• Lol there was 1 actual approach, and got hit on 3 times by gay dudes. He's a pretty good looking guy too, can you imagine an equally attractive girl with heals, a tight dress walking around NYC for 3 hrs? WAYYY more attention.

Not denying that being good looking helps. But if you're ugly, just gotta do the best you can.

• Don't listen to the girls who say. That, they're wrong. Approach who you want, with confidence

• Ugly or not. We don't have a choice man, if you wait for them to approach you...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/52197964.jpg

• Apparently some girls gets offended being approached by ugly guys.

• Ahh darn this length restrictions... I just wanted to say... NO.

• And of course I'm trolling, but you make yourself an easy target. If you're "ugly" then personality will win them over. I guess you just gotta be a tad persistent, but know when to back off. Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• All girls not see how the guy attractive is, if he is nice one and really they will like him.

• Yes, ugly girls