Why did he lie about his age?

Basically for some reason the question doesn't show everything else I had written. But I went on a date yesterday with a guy, who told me he was only 32 when in reality he was 34. I had already googled him prior to our date.

I'm 24 at the moment, so there is a 10 year gap between our ages.

Why would a guy lie about his age?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's insecure about the age differential, most likely. It's that simple.

I'm tempted to lie about my age at times, but only because there's no benefit in telling my real age. Physically, I look about 4 years younger than I really am. In terms of dating experience, there are 20 year olds with more experience than I have accrued over the years.

That's what goes through my mind and it could very well be going through his mind. It boils down to insecurity.

What Guys Said 5

• There's a lot of unknowns here. Is he younger or older than you? Did he add or take away his years? I think he was just out to impress you in some way. He should be no more that the real person he is. Did it cause a break-up? Just go along with it for a while and see if he CAN be himself. See if you can trust him more in time.

• He's older than me. I'm 24 and he's 34 in real life. He said he was 32 and said there was 'only an eight year gap between our ages'

• He was just trying to make himself more acceptable to you. He made a mistake. How do YOU feel about a 10 yr gap. It's nothing really. At 12 and 22, yes a very big deal. At 60 and 70 it's nothing. He most probably thinks a lot of you and would do anything to keep you. It's just down to how you feel about him and whether you can forgive him.

• Run away from him, in the opposite direction!

My second ex too had lied to me about her age AND her name. Don't understand the reason why people do these things, but it's definitely NOT good sign.

• Hmm.. maybe he's hiding something

• Not 'something', he's hiding his age. Probably because he feels you may not date him due to the age gap, if he reveals his true age. Still, that's never a valid excuse for lying about stuff like this. A definite red flag.

• it makes no sense to only take 2 years off if he is going to lie about his age. So if he will lie about such a tiny thing what else is he going to lie about? you need to drop this guy quick as long as your sure he is actually lying. don't be so sure googling him is really giving you the correct information. I have news for you... just because it is on the internet does not mean it is true...

• I don't know maybe he thought you would think the tow years would make a differences.
    To me age is just a number you can't help who you fall in love with.

I know it was only a date so not really love but still.
    only thing I can think he may of been thinking

• did he say he's older or younger?

• He pretended to be younger. He's really 34 but said he was 32. I'm 24 at the moment

What Girls Said 4

• because he is a lier , if he can lie for a petty thing, that shows how convinient it is for him to lie

• That's what guys do to young naive girls. Unless he's actually younger.

Like this 35 year old man told me he was 17. Like honestly do I look stupid? No.

• LOL that's hilarious! Did he honestly believe that you would fall for that?

• Yeah he actually thought I would beleive it. And when I told him to tell the truth he said he was 18.

Like I know I'm young and all but seriously? -_-

• Because he wants to hide his age cause he is pervy and old lol

• LOL thanks for your input :)

• We need more information!

• I just updated the question. For some reason it didn't show what I had written before..

• He wants to be young.,