Guys, if a guy says he likes you?

hi guys.
If you tell a girl "I like you" or "You know i like you", do you mean you like her as friend or love her? (when you also told her you have potential / there's chemistry between us).
how can i tell the difference if guys would say " i like you" when they just like you and this "i like you" when they in reality love you or have a crush on you?!

6

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• That is hard cuz a girl who likes me was upset cuz i saud l love you to other girls. I guess when actions show thats how know your sure. Til then keep your distance but be nice

• how do you usually show a girl through actions that you like her as girlfriend material?

• ok thx!
      So the guy has just invited me over to his place tomorrow for a coffee and talking. How do you think about if if a guy invites a girl over to his place and already "proved" he's not only in it for sex?

• Dont flirt as much, act uninterested when he gets flirty, and make sure he dont get too close. Let him know straight up that your here casual talking only. If he accept it fine, if not thats fine as well. Keast he know he ain't get none before having failed attempt.

• If a guy says "I like you" and has said there is potential between the two of you I would say he is into you. He more than likely likes you as more than a friend, but maybe not all the way to love just yet

• and what if he just asked me "so you love me?"
      this was a bit odd because I've never gotten asked this tbh

• ok thanks. well he just asked me if he makes me smile because I've had a whatsapp avatar saying "if sth makes you feel bad let it go. if it makes you smile, keep it."

• Well since he has "proven it" he probably wants to spend quality time with you to learn about you and most likely talk about your potential relationship

• as a friend basically since i don't believe in love

• If he is nervous telling you that he likes you probably he loves you and if he says it as freely as joke then he's just a friend.. Try reading it in his eyes.

• Please stop throwing female logic onto male logic. We are straightforward, if we say we like you, it means we like you in a romantic interesting way.

• ok thanks!

• Well I can only speak for myself but I don't invite girls over unless I'm interested in them.