Friend zone and dating?

This guy I liked for almost 3 years now told me he liked me for almost 3 years also. We got talking and he told me he was wishing for something to happen. I was very confused what that something was so I asked him and he said all he wants to be is friends. Why does he only want to be friends? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• He is hoping for a relationship , but is worried that you don't want a relationship with him , so rather than messing up everything with you he said he just wants to be friends. I bet if you told him you liked him as more than a friend. ( if you do that is ) he would be more open to you.

What Guys Said 1

• maybe he's afraid that u dn't want him as a friend?

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm... maybe he was nervous and couldn't be bold enough to tell you the truth. It does take a lot of courage to tell your crush what you're really thinking. He did tell you that he liked you, so that's a plus! Keep hanging out with him and make sure you're open and honest with him. If he feels comfortable around you, he'll be more likely to make something happen over just wishing for it!