Am I bad for him? Should I call it quits and break up?

I'm really flustered here. I don't know what to do. I have anxiety. It's pretty bad. I haven't gotten a panic attack (yet thank the lord) but a good guess will say one will come sooner or later. I worry. All. The. Time. My boyfriend kindly puts up with it and I feel awful. While I'm sitting here telling im about how scared I am that I'm going to get cancer or something stupid he's calming me down and whatnot. He helps me overcome my fears (although im still afraid of them) and acts like its no big deal. For example when playing five nights at Freddy's he tries to help me with it while I shove my face into his arms as he plays. Yeah I cried during that game. I don't know how he puts up with me. I'm pathetic. I get very jealous, also, but I don't think he knows that mainly because I don't tell him. I just hear these stories about people with anxiety who can't even leave their rooms or they'll get a panic attack, and I start to wonder if I'll turn out like that. Then say we'd get married and I can't leave the house. I'd just be weighing him down. He'd have to get several jobs to provide for our family and I'd just be blocking him from all his dreams. I know it may seem like I'm looking too far into the future (another affect from anxiety) but still. We both really like each other, but I just think that out of all the pretty, confident girls he can go after why me? I just feel like he could do so much better and he doesn't deserve to put up with someone who's afraid of their own shadow. He could have so much more fun with a girl who wasn't so scared all the time, you know? What should I do? Should I break up with him? Or do you think that'd be a waste?

Most Helpful Guy

• He cares about you. Talk to him about how you feel and let him decide. Don't decide for him.

• I was thinking about doing that but I couldn't gather the courage to before... I think I'm going to give it a shot though.

• It's a good idea. Don't dump him because you thinkvhes better off. He might feel differently

What Guys Said 3

• Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, you're probably holding yourself back so much. Men like to be needed. You're overreacting about this to the point that you'll drive yourself mad before you know it. As much as you should lean on him, you should also have your own thing, get interested in stuff outside of his circles, you'll start feeling more independent and capable.

• Thanks for the advice!

• If he wants to stay with you then let him take care of you and always show how grateful you are. I'm sure he'll help you get over your anxiety.

• There is nothing wrong with seeking prof. help. The sooner you do the sooner you will be able to get on with your life. Good luck.

What Girls Said 0