Is it rude why or why not?

Do you think its rude to have a family vacation and not invite the SO if they live together? I think it is because if they are living together they are now each others main family and they come together. Some couples never plan in marrying.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the level of agreed upon commitment to each other. Some couples can live together and still be casual, others take that as a sign of progressing towards marriage. It's about two people expressing their needs and expectations and determining, together, how to satisfy each other and make the relationship an enjoyable one. If you feel that you should be invited, then express that and also how you interpret the action, of not being invited. Do you feel less valued? Offended? What? You and your partner need to address the differences in expectations and try to find a solution that satisfies both of you.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, it is rude although it is conceivable that it is in oversight. What should be upsetting to you is that if your SO's family is this stupid, you have to worry about the genes and morals they passed along to your SO.

• I mean I guess its fair to say that if the SOs parents call them up and say we are planning a family vacation i would just assume the live in partner is invited because they are family

• personally i'd feel bad if sh didn't invitevme basically...:-(

• Don't care if it's rude, if I don't approve of her bank-robbing boyfriend, I'm not inviting him.

• Well I know I wouldn't go if my live in bf wasn't invited he is my fsmily. And I would expect my bf not to go if the roles were reversed. SO comes first because they are each others primary family once they live together

• Well you wouldn't receive an invitation from me, knowing that's your belief.

• That what's my belief? That people grow up into adults and start their own families? Its called sticking by your partner and growing up

What Girls Said 2

• I think it is rude. I think the same way you do, if I'm living with someone, then they are a part of the family.

• Yeah, I would take it as rude, unless it was an accidental oversight.