How to progress from just dating and hanging out into a relationship?

We both like eachother and have been going on dates, hanging out, hooking up and talking for about three months now. Weve been far from eachother because Im away at school, 2 hours away, but now Im move back to the city where he is and well be close by. He isn't seeing anyone else or sleeping with anyone except for me. We talk a fair amount, and see eachother every few weeks. In asked him what he thinks about me, and he said I'm a cool girl to hangout with and he thinks we hit it off. I made the joke of saying "or we just hit it" as in saying it was just for the sex and he said its not, because we wouldn't have gone out on dates after too

What can I do to show him Im serious about him

What Guys Said 1

• He... pretty clearly told you his feeling for you.

• so he likes me?

• "cool girl to hang out with and we hit it off".

You gotta start taking people's words for face values, or at least his. Don't look so deep into it. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't be with you saying that. Simple as that.

What Girls Said 1

• You have to talk to him about having an exclusive relationship.