A guy i'm dating is having a meltdown?

I've been dating this guy for a few months and it has been great so far, we are still getting to know each other. We had a date planned last night and he never showed up. When I called him his phone was off. Then I sent him a text message. I never heard anything the entire night so obviously my first reaction was that something happened to him. I couldnt sleep, and was even looking at news stories to see if there were any recent car crashes. Come morning, I still dont know anything.

So I sent him a text saying "Please let me know you're alive" and he responded, "I'm alive. Just thinking about some things." When I asked him if I could call him he said "today is not a good day, I'm going through some things."

Obviously this entire situation has put me on an emotional rollercoaster. why would he freeze me out completely? Does anyone know what this sporadic type of behavior stems from? I am hurt and frustrated and deeply confused. It's crystal clear he is distancing himself from me. I dont know if he is over me, or if something bad happened in his life.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like soemthing is up on his side. It probably has nothing to do with you. If it was something about you guys he would of said "thinking about some things to do with us?" I'm not 100% sure it's not about you guys. I guess give him time to do whatever he needs to do, he will contact you when his feeling better or ready or whatever

• Thank you for MH :)
      Has everything been worked out?

• My savior! haha 😂😂

• Hahaha I'm glad I could help you hun! 😁

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe something pretty bad happened in his life, maybe the death of a relative or close friend? Someone close is in the hospital for whatever reason? Parents divorce?
    There are many things that can happen that can make a guy just don't have any energy for something else besides trying to control himself and his emotions/feelings.
    Give him space and let him know that you're there for when he's ready to talk.

What Girls Said 0