If he is into me and he is not shy why won't he make the first move?

So guy friend and I have been friends for nearly four years now. The past year we have been realy affectionate with each other lately. Examples are: tight hugs, kisses on the forehead, he buys me presents (three days in a row!) playfulky pushing me. We have been spending more time together than usual and we always hug when we say goodbye.

Does he have a thing? If he does why won't he make the first move in askig me out? He did about a year ago but quickly said he was joking so maybe I took too long to answer. He is not shy and he is not affectionate to our other mutual female friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he's one of those guys who are affectionate towards their "girl" friends yet don't want anything intimate with them.

What Guys Said 1

• "He did about a year ago but quickly said he was joking so maybe I took too long to answer"

Sadly, I believe that may be the case. If a chance still exists that things may work, you will likely need to approach him.

What Girls Said 1

• You should stop waiting on him and make the first move if you're that into him.