Is weird to have no motivation to date?

I know society says men have to approach women and all that to get a date or else you'll be alone. But what if you don't care? I'm introverted and a very private person. I have about 3 close friends and that's it. I usually never ask women out because lately, I don't really care to get to know them. I also hate blind dates. Hell, I'm a college student and see women everyday. Yet, I don't want to approach any of them. I find romance to be overrated to be honest. I honestly believe I work better alone and a relationship isn't for me. Have you ever felt this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh, I'm like that. Well, okay, I'm like that, but with PEOPLE.

I don't like people, so as a side effect, I don't really date. I find most people to be emotional, impulsive, and nothing but drama. Usually most people are just walking meat sacks filled with past regrets and secrets, scars they've gotten because they didn't bother to use common sense. And I view these types of people as beneath me. it may sound arrogant, but hey, if the shoe fits.

If I ever meet a person who doesn't fulfill that criteria, who breaks the mold, I like them, but to be honest, that almost never happens.

With that said, I'm sure you can see why I don't have a lot of friends. I'll tell ya this much though, for what friends I do have, they've stuck with me for life, and that's good enough for me.

• Wow described me to a tee.

• Yeah well, I'd also be lying to you if I told you I was proud of being this way. Deep down, I know I'm not. I wish more people were intelligent, and as a sub-effect, I would have more friends because of that. But I'm sure that's never going to happen.

What Girls Said 2

• I've never felt that way but it's normal

• I get how you feel. I don't like getting to know new people, in general. I'm more of a romantic, but I still don't really want a relationship. I think I would want one with a guy that I already knew, so we wouldn't have to do the "getting to know each other" part, but it's not possible.

What Guys Said 6

• Not weird at all - You are just being comfortable - I have often gone long spells without feeling need to date - If its any consolation I think the older you get the more people accept you just want to be single especially for men. Women sometimes feel pressure of biological clock from family and friends.

• Most men either want to date, or hookup. There are some who can't be bothered, and some it doesn't appeal to. But most their sex drive pushes them to want something, whether its casual or intimate.

• It is not werid in my opinion if it was for a current period of your life but at the end of the day every man needs a wife

• I wouldn't say so I mean personally I have no direct motivation to date any one at this point in time mainly due to focusing on my college courses and trying to enter university for the most part.

• It's normal.

• In Japan, the term for men like you is "herbivores." It's growing more commonplace in the West these days as well.

I could probably have been classified as such, but I found no satisfaction in my lifestyle and eventually acted to change it. Wish I'd done so years earlier.