Is it wrong for girls to ask out guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• OF COURSE NOT! Over the years somehow it's turned into a rather sexist question. Most people expect the guy to ask the girl. But in general we all have equality even men. If guys are able to ask girls out, girls are able to ask guys out. Equality right there. Don't let gender define who asks who. That shouldn't be aloud to happen.

• That has NOTHING to do with sexism. Just because there's an expectation doesn't mean that every individual believes that it is the man's "gender role" to do so.

I would think that it's become LESS sexist over all.

• Well honey, you obviously haven't lived In today's generation were people judge you for being different😩

• I have lived in today's generation. I get bullied and I have done since day one of school. Its lead to me suffer with anorexia. So please don't tell me I haven't lived in today's generation...

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think its wrong, its just not very "traditional", which im not saying is the right either, fuck hope im not confusing you lol.

• I'd prefer if a girl would ask me out, so no. I think that it feels a lot better if the girl takes the initiative because then I would really understand the she likes me.

• Why do you think many women prefer that men ask them out? For that same reason.

• So because of that the guys should always take the pain of having the chance of getting rejected? Just because it's the same reason girls want guys to do it doesn't mean that it should be more equal and girls should ask guys out as well sometimes. But here's the thing, guys are expected to ask the girl out. Girls are not expected to do it, just sit and wait for the guys to initiate everything and have to feel the pain of rejection.

• No! Today it is very acceptable and encouraged that women have the courage and embrace their power of choice! Good luck to you!

• what makes u think that way basically?

• It's right. I wish that happened.

• It's about as wrong as a guy asking out a girl.

• NO, WHO TOLD YOU THAT!!!
    i wish i had girls asking me out haha

• It's good. Just doesn't happen very often

• No its not if anything I admire anyone that has the guts to ask someone they like out :)

• not wrong at all, wish it would happen more often

What Girls Said 7

• No definitely not.. I asked this guy out when I was thirteen.. Am now almost twenty five and I married him last year. :)

• No. It's not "wrong" at all. It just isn't common custom/tradition but that is changing.

If you want to ask a guy out, go for it. If you don't, you don't have to. It's a choice.

• I don't think so. My mom asked my dad out and I wouldn't be here if she hadn't. But with that aside, if you both like each other or you like him and there's a possibility he likes you back and just doesn't have the courage to ask you out then I think the girl should ask.

• Oh hell no!

You want someone or something, go for it! It's 2015, baby!

• No some people just have that "traditinoal mindset" thinking that you have to be either desperate or agressive. But I say that it doesn't matter.

• Its not wrong, just make sure he's interested... I speak from experience

• It's unconventional but in this day and age perfectly fine.