Where have all the good women gone?

I wanted to date a girl, and I had a chance to bed her, but I didn't because that isn't how I want to operate. Now she treats me like dirt, and I had to stop talking to her. Why does sex have to be so important that you can't find a decent person who wants anything more than just sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's odd, but refreshing to see this post from a guy. I usually hear this complaint from women. I have also had this complaint. The majority of guys that I have talked to just wanted sex. Don't get me wrong. I love sex, but I want more than that. I don't sleep around. I'll only sleep with a guy that I am in a committed relationship with. Anyway, just know that there are gorls out there who feel the same or similar as you. Keep your chin up and stick with your standards. The right girl will come along.

• Ugh, I know there are. I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong that I'm not able to find them.

• It doesn't mean that you are doing something wrong. They jist not be available in abundance where you live. Heck, I'm surrounded by guys that I would never date. They lie, cheat, are drunks, do drugs, are abusive, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• don't judge by just 1 girl dude!

• I run into this all the time, hardly just one girl. Ugh.

• Thanks!

What Girls Said 9

• I've been wondering the same thing regarding men, trust me. In general, I think people rely too much on sex. People get it mixed up. They think they sex = love or that love = sex. Neither are true.

• It's nice to hear from someone who gets that distinction too. I've had girls tell me "i love you" after meeting and sleeping together on the same day... it actually breaks your heart the first time you experience that, knowing they are only talking about how they feel in the moment and not actually how they feel about you.

• Yeah. People throw that phrase around all over the place now. It's irritating. They say they love someone within a week, when they barely even know them.

• you don't see them amongst all the sluts and whores and gold diggers.

to find a "good woman", you need time to get to know her. emotionally.

• That's what I've been trying to do, but it seems to be impossible. They don't want to get to know you, all they want is sex and pleasure.

• Haha, I am sounding a bit like a woman right now, aren't I? I guess other guys would probably look at my situation and ask "WTF are you complaining about?" but you get to a point where you just need more than simple pleasure to be happy.

• there are a lot of girls who want more than just sex. believe me.

• We decided being bad was sooooo much more fun.

• And I say to you, where have all the good men gone? It just depends on the person

• We have a first. Thanks for directing me. I i went anon by accident and the other question

• I am here.

• That's sweet, but you're on the other side of the world (and a little young for me). Good luck though :)

• You deserve them!

• Good girls deserve good men :-)

• Awwe poor baby.

• I know other guys would probably kill to be having my problem, so I don't want to complain too much. It's just really frustrating, because I thought that last girl had potential. Guess I was wrong.

• I vanished them from this realm

• How do you want to operate? Rejection is just as bad for girls as it is for guys. We have ego's too.

• I don't want just sex. Why does it have to be only about sex? I refuse sex, and then I never hear from them again, or they start acting awful until I break up with them.

• Buy a dog. Be happy ;) Just joking.

You need to repair part of your image in order to get a decent girl to date you. Who wants to date a guy that is a player and changes girls like shirts? Only tarts will make themselves available for that kind of thing. Time to start showing girls that you're serious about dating/falling in love and giving yourself. You might be selling the one-foot-in-the-past-one-foot-in-the-future type or relationship without evening realising it. Build trust and empathy and you will get loyalty and sincerity in return.

• I guess that's the call to action then. Find a way to communicate more than just sexual value.

What Guys Said 7

• Wait, there's actually girls who want to sleep around with no strings attached?

Can I get their contact information?

• They're all over the place. I spent my younger years learning how to push the right buttons, and now I can't find a normal relationship. UGH

• What are you talking about? How often do you speak to women, that is not my experience at all.

• Dating sites, bars, clubs. They NEVER want to hook up, they just want all this baggage to come with it.

• I feel you mate

• Running into the same problem?

• Really don't know*

• Look, I don't mind having sex, but sometimes I just feel like a piece of meat, you know?

• Behind every great man there's a great woman.

• One of many reasons I'd like to find one. That's what I want, someone who pushes me and who I can help her grow in return. Vaginas are nice, but they aren't enough anymore.

• I know what you mean because I am seeking a great woman to be behind me, but I also want vagina, too.

• People rely on sexual intercourse and sexual relations without the strings attached too much :(

• Such a thing does not exist but in fairytales, alien ships in galaxies far far away and dreams.

• What are you talking about? Women like sex AT LEAST as much as men, they are just inhibited about it. When you know how to treat them right, they just open up. And now I can't seem to find a girl who wants to slow it down.

• This is a roll bread

• I have no idea what you mean by that.

• Where have all the good men gone? That is what most women will say and think.

• Good girls are only attracted to bad guys and when the bad guys do them wrong and use them up... the good guys get the left overs...

• Ugh, I'm not dealing with leftovers, I'm trying to not be someone who just uses them up. I want something more than just the latest shiny vagina.

• good luck... however I do find that modern hippie chicks are more on the good side and seem more loving and loyal :)