Why would someone break up with you when they realize they've fallen in love with you?

My guy friend broke up wiyh a girl he's been dating for 7 mobths cause he's realized he's fallen in love with her so he started to get distant then broke up.with her.doesn't make sense!Why would someone distance and breakup up with someone they love?

Most Helpful Guy

• He either has commitment issues, he got scared, or he doesn't know how to handle the feelings he has for that girl..

I think he got scared personally.

Do you of any reasons as to why that would freak him out? falling in love with someone should be one of the best feelings ever

• Hmm well he went through a bad break up 3 years ago an. He was heartbroken. Also he told me after that breakup he became robot and stopped feeling and dealing with emotions. He also said he broke up with his current girl because he's been a robot for so long and its hard for him to deal with feelings.

• He hasn't dealt with the past and as @babydollxo he's not emotionally ready yet. i think he needs to explain to the girl the reasons as to why he's done it. She needs to know..

What Guys Said 1

• i thought flling in love with someone would have the ipposite effect... no?

What Girls Said 3

• He clearly wasn't emotionally ready for that serious of a relationship and was so scared that he had to distance himself from her in order to not get hurt. He was most likely afraid of her hurting him, which she would be capable of doing since he loves her, so he broke up with her so that she couldn't hurt him. It's more common than you think!!

• Thank you for your answer!!! he went through a bad break up 3 years ago and he was heartbroken. Also he told me after that breakup he became a robot and stopped feeling and dealing with emotions. He also said he broke up with his current girl because he's been a robot for so long and its hard for him to deal with feelings.

• makes sense to me!! I've got major issues, so this kind of sounds like a thing that I would do

• Why?
    Due to cowardice.
    It makes perfect sense actually.

• Sounds like deep rooted commitment issues. That's too bad, he must've been burnt to a crisp in the past. Hope he let's love in one day!