I’m considering dating a younger guy. Does that mean I’m a cougar?

He’s 14 and I’m 16. Most of the guys I know like me, and they try to flirt and act really sexual. However this guy treats me like a lady. He’s been pursuing me for years. I tried to deny my feelings but I found myself really attracted to him. Although he’s cute, he’s not the most attractive guy that has hit on me. But he seems to really care, and I find myself happier when I’m around him. Am I cougar? If so, is that a bad thing?

• Yup, you’re a cougar. Date someone your age
    7% (1)10% (2)9% (3)Vote
  • U are, but so what? U guys like each other..
    21% (3)10% (2)14% (5)Vote
  • No. Chill out bro
    72% (10)80% (17)77% (27)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
So some think I am... speak your mind and tell me why. please :))
I think I won't date him. He started cussing to look tough when he was talking to my friend and I because he overheard me say he was younger than me. I'll wait for someone who's older and more mature.

0|0
4|14

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, no you aren't. And there's nothing wrong with dating someone younger than you. Good luck ;)

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Lmfao... Sorry sweatheart but at 16 your hardly a whelp. Cougars are usually 30-40 plus. Yourboth so young your just starting into the world.
    Generally if u really think like that u might be much more mature then him since girls mature faster then guys plus your older. But at your age just have fun lol

0|0
    0|0
  • He's 14. I can guarantee you he's thinking about sex too lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cougars are usually over 40. You're not even a Puma (a younger cougar)

1|1
    0|0
  • Ahhh no I think it refers to someone older than yourself that likes younger boys... say someone in their 30's to 40's that likes younger men in their 20's.

That is what I have always take it as being.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good call.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. I don't need a guy who continuously proves himself. It's kinda annoying.

• You're only 2 years apart? That's not being a cougar! :-P

0|0
    0|0
    • apparently sometthink otherwise

• First of all, You are 16. I believe you need to be in your 30s or older to be considered a cougar. Second of all, he's a bit young to be dating. You both need to be concentrating on school - not dating.

0|0
    0|0
    • School is my life. Only recently have I been thinking about guys for friends/bf. So when I say dating it’ll probably be hanging out a little and flirting. My parents are strict lol.

• Show All
    • ^^ Not trying to offend

• I know. I'm not offended, nor do I feel offended.

• A cougar is one who would date a 18 or 20 year old who's in her 30s or more.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol a cougar is an old hot woman

0|0
    0|0
    • some say I'm a cougar kitten ^^

• You would be a young cougar. Like a cougar kitten.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha... you have a long way to go before you would be considered a cougar ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Too young to be a cougar

0|0
    0|0
    • Ohh.. so it goes by age. I asked my mom and she said I was.

• No you would have to be at least 30 to be a cougar

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• A cougar isn't only someone who dates younger guys. It's a woman in her late thirties at least. cougar-dating-guide.com/.../

1|0
    0|0
    • Ohh ok. That’s a relief.

• No you're a kid. Not a cougar.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's just 2 years off

0|0
    0|0
    • when you are a teen it's a big difference

• Kinda. I mean, if you're 17 and he's 18 one is in highschool and the other is in college. But it's ok. I don't think I should like him anyway..

• no but he should be less than 3years. then its too awkward

0|0
    0|0