He's 36 and she's 24... what do they have in common?

I know that maturity doesn't always come from age but out of curiosity: For guys, what things do you see in wanting to be with someone that young? What are the possible pros or cons? For girls would you find it strange that a man that age would not want to be with someone around their own age?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 36, I could conceivably date a 24 year old. We're all adults here. It'd be a bit of a stretch, but I'm pretty immature😂 So if she's mature for her age, we could meet in the middle, haha.👍 People worry about age too much, especially during young adulthood. It's not like when you're kids and it's weird outside of like a 2 year window. I remember being 20 and thinking 30 was old as dirt, but now at 36, I feel younger than what I thought 30 was back then. It just comes down to where both of your heads are at.

• You said the keyword "immaturity " You shouldn't have to stoop down to a level just to connect with someone. What would be an example of a mature 24 year old girl?

• Yeah, you just said it: ultimately it comes down to intentions

• Thank you for your opinion, it's good that you aim to be one of the good ones!!!

What Guys Said 3

• hmm I don't know I would aim as low as like 30 if I were 36, 24 is pretty much "culture shock" to me at that point.

• I mean it's not horrible, but like you said, culture difference unless you are going through a midlife crisis

• There could be some things they have in common. It's more about the "life stage" in my opinion.

• Life stage of a mid life crisis? Lol. Not saying they can't have common interest... I can see if you are looking for someone to kept you feeling young, but at that age you should be looking for someone to keep you grounded. From the looks of it, the girl still plays tbh and rate me games on fb. Yet he's talking about wanting a woman who has it all. I could be over analyzing the situation, but I just find certain things odd about it.

• 😂😂 Of course not, he'd just take it the wrong way. I just thought to ask because he seems to have this pattern going

• Then if it's "working" for them, I'd leave it alone. Just try not to have a "told you so" attitude if it falls apart

• I'd have to go with the old fallback... not to put too fine a point on it, but I'd guess he's financially established and her biological clock hasn't started jangling yet as it would for someone in their mid to late thirties.

What Girls Said 0