How do I mend my trust issues after being hurt so much?

the typical guys who have left me for another girl or cheated on me have made me very insecure and cause me to struggle to in trusting my partner, how do I fix this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been cheated on quite a bit as well. First I would tell your partner about it, as often times you won't even realize you are doing something to question their loyalty to you, if they understand your past they will be much more tolerant of it.

Second, I would just keep reminding yourself that the life happily ever after with your partner is so much better than a life of lonely paranoia.

Third, not saying this is you, but if you are the type that goes after "bad boys" stop. You know who spread the rumors that bad boys are awesome and exiting and good in bed and nice guys are boring and worse than death? Bad boys. Just more of their lies...

• I don't go for bad guys, I'm into my nerdy guys and the past ones still didn't think I was good enough haha xD

• So get the girls to come talk to us! We would LOVE LOVE LOVE it?

by the way where would be a good place to meet women into nerdy guys?

• I don't know cos unfortunately I don't have many girl mates cos girls don't like me :( I think you just have to put yourself out there and you'll know when a cool girl who isn't like the other 'tryna be someone else bitch' pops up xD

What Guys Said 6

• Take it very steady at first.

• It can take a long time to build up trust after any sort of breakup. Don't give in to pressure to start a sexual relationship too quickly. A decent guy that is interested in the real you will give you all the time you need to get to know him really well. He will give you time to build up trust. You will gradually learn to tell the signs as to whether he's a good guy or a not-so-good guy. Look after yourself, and put yourself first. Take good care!!

• Don't let your feelings get the best of you and you should be safe

• You know the type of guys who will most likely be faithful to you. Just find one of them you like

• You can work on trust issues with communication believe it or not.

• It's just the benefit of the doubt. You will have to trust him or it won't work out.

• I'm not trying to be an asshole but you seem like the girl who likes the bad boys.

What Girls Said 1

• Go for a guy who can't get any girl he wants. A nice guy who will be happy to be going out with you

• I had to do a double take there. A woman, on this site no less, saying that other women should actually date nice guys! Your bf is a lucky man indeed!

• Well yeah. I really don't understand why girls like douchebags
      Maybe that's just all they're exposed to? You're not going to meet the love of your life at a frat party, you're going to meet a guy who will talk to you if you're good looking enough, sweet talk you until you sleep with him, sleep with you until he gets bored of you and then move on.
      It happens to the same girl over and over, you are fucking stupid if you can't see through that bullshit. Sorry, you do it to yourself.