Is my boyfriend taking me for granted?

So i have been dating this guy for 10 months now,I always make time to call ( we're in a long distance relationship) and well i feel as if he is taking me for granted cause i am always available,Recently when we phone i say hi and he says hi and is completly quiet and doesn't really talk to me,I asked him why he is so quiet and he replies that he wants alone time.But why would he wanna call if he doesn't really talk he just either watches t.v or plays videogames,I had enough of the silence so i told him i was going to the movies with my friends(but not really) and i dont want to text him for a while.Would that drift him apart? And think badly or will he actually start missing me?

Most Helpful Guy

• This... sounds not good. This sounds like he has already checked out of the relationship. I think he has already ended it in his mind, but because you are long distance, he doesn't feel he has to. He can just sort of limp along and see what happens, without putting in any effort. If you two were actually physically together it would probably come to a head and he would have to do something about it, but since you are not there he can just sort of 'half-ghost' and not worry about it.

If you don't text him for a while... yeah, it could drift him away more. But I think he has already drifted away too far. Really though, it can't hurt. Stop contacting him. See if it jars him out of his complacency. If it doesn't, you'll know it's over. If it does, you might be able to salvage something. He is clearly taking you for granted and just assuming you'll stick around, that's pretty clear.

What Guys Said 1

• You sort of sound like you're wasting your time ( and minutes on your phone). I think he doesn't really care. I might be wrong but that's how I see it.

What Girls Said 1

• I've been there it sucks but it all depends on how much time u spend together talking. Just give him a little space for awhile and if things don't go back to normal maybe reevaluate the relationship