Is it weird if your date talks about marriage and kids, I felt pretty akward?

Most Helpful Guy

• depending on how old the both of you are if your young i would say yea but if its just general statement about marriage and kids like he lets you know like yea one day i want to get married and have kids but if he's saying he wants to married and have kids with you he might be getting a little over infatuated with you... RUN run for your life... haha jk ;> just let him know its awkward and your not ready for all that just let him know how you feel on the subject

• i tried to change the subject but it went from married and kids to what names the kids will get.

• yea i was going to say he prb just does not know what to talk about to maybe its not big deal just wait and see what happens

• Thanks.

What Guys Said 9

• At your age, yes, very weird. In general, I guess that conversation kinda has to happen at some point to make sure you both eventually want the same things one day.

• Might as well get it out of the way. Some people wanna start a family as soon as they're out of college and they don't wanna waste time searching more for a girl.

• I don't know. Doesn't sound like anything most people would do, but if she did do it, I'd find it kinda sweet. I mean, it would show me how much she is interested in me. Plus, if she wanted to get married, but didn't want kids, i could find out that we are on the same page early on.

• Yes, your too young to know what you want in life ( no offense)
    yes what he's doing is scary and your going end up not dating him
    or going out with him

• his mom got married on 18 thats why he said soon you will turn 18 and maybe if it turns out right we can mary and he kept talking about it.

• ughhh id find it scary tbh basically

• yeah he was like we know each other for a while and this is our first date. and im like yes it is. and he is like hopefully we will mary some day and our kids will look beautiful! and im like yeah... sure.. i tought it was creepy

• Marriage is strange but ok. I don't want kids.

• yeah it was strange but why don't you want kids?

• I am probably not fit to be a good parent. Being a parent is a 24/7 jobs. When I do interact with kids I perfer small doses.

• I totally find it awkward. You don't talk about having kids after first date. Nope not even about marriage.

• not even on a second date it was kind of creepy..

• Well i want to get married some day and have kids but i won't tell you that untill im like ready i guess..
      Im just 17 tell me that when we are in a relationship 4 a long time not on a first date

• Exactly. That is how and when it should be done. :)

• Yeah that is weird especially if its like a first date.

• No man. I don't even have a girlfriend yet and I still talk about marriage and kids.

• But i guess you won't tell a girl on the first date i think if we have a daughter whe should call her Jenelle i haven't even kissed the guy...

What Girls Said 4

• I'm open to pretty much any topic on the first date, so I wouldn't think so. Depending on the age of the guy, I'm sure he doesn't want to pussyfoot around if he's getting up there in age.

• But like you ain't gotta tell me what ur daughters name will hopefully be cuz boy i did not even hug you yet and you coming here telling me about your future baby Jenelle cuz now he may ever get a daughter Jenelle but not with me. Like im 17 we gotta go slow. I wanna keep him as a friend tho. O was keeping it nice but he creepy. Im beimg so rude but idc. Telling me you want to have kids with me soon i hear that as a i wanna fuck without a condom soon... but thats just what i think. Thanks tho 4 yo commemt

• Lol. Oh. He went in depth... haha.

• It's not werid if they are really into you. By your age it doesn't seem like the right time to start it though. At least you know if he is a keeper or not.

• yeah but i was kind of scared cuz he kept talking and said you will be 18 soon is that the right time to mary? i said that if it was the one i would cause i didn't want to upset him

• at your age, yes.

• yeah like im almost 18 why would you say that..

• it says 'under 18' talking about marriage and having babies at your age is weird. I could understand if you were adults

• it says under 18 cuz 17 is under 18 .. like im turning 18 soon i said im still under 18 4 sure

• Depends on the guy really