Would you date a younger man who is as mature as an older man?

Would you date a younger man who is as mature as an older man? Assuming you both want the same things and are at the same points in your life? Such as wanting to settle down? I know it is very hard to believe but just answer. I ask this because I am currently casually dating an older woman and will soon separate from her since I want something more than casual. I may be young. However, I have graduated from college, have started a business, and am in no debt. I don't party or drink because I hate doing both. I take countless classes on communication to improve my chances at catching an older woman and becoming an effective leader in my business. I take countless steps to ensuring I can date, seduce, and attract older women but does it matter? I guess my confidence is beginning to wither a little bit because society is ALWAYS telling me it will never work out. Yet, I want to date older women. I have no shame and not the slightest amount of regret for going after what I want. What do you ladies think?

I would prefer answers from older women.

Thank you for all of the responses. I understand that their is a gap to bridge in the relationship which is why I have been taking communication classes relentlessly. Who knows I may be fooling myself, thinking that I can bridge the gap if I learn enough from communication classes that I have been taking for three years but I am going to keep trying.

67

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes i would

What Girls Said 66

• In my experience younger men are never as mature as they think they are. Maturity comes with responsibility and experience. Younger men usually don't know what it is like to have a parent die, to take care of someone, to drive a business into the ground only to build another one back up.

I'm 31 and put off getting serious until I had my stuff in line. I've yet to meet any guy under 30 who has his stuff together unless he has a kid. Men just have a longer best if used by date so they get better with age.

• You can date me. I have no qualms with younger men. Actually, I prefer younger men. As to maturity, I know 19 year old men who are more mature than most women and men in their 70s. Many women have issues with dating younger men but in the long run its your personality that matters.

• I don't think its anyones business who you decide to date. As long as you're not a minor (which you obviously aren't) you are entitled to date and be attracted to any older woman you want. Honestly, if that's your goal, since our society is dominated by norms of sorts, you're going to have to ignore what other people think and say. Build a thick skin, and don't compromise! HOORAH.

• I don't think age should matter in dating, but it does matter if you plan on getting married and having kids with someone. If it's just to have a good time, why does it matter if he's younger or older, as long as you find each other attractive and interesting? Now if you want to build a family with kids with this person, I think big age differences are not a good thing, just because one of you will sooner or later die much before the other person, and the kids will be left without a mom or a dad earlier than usual.

• the answer is: i honestly would never want to date someone who felt like they had to change themselves to attract someone. its ridiculous. not that you aren't a successful person but why on earth would you try and attract someone that hard? its a little weird. women will date you regardless if youve really done all that you said and you have that drive and motivation. stop questioning yourself so much and maybe just go on a date with a 34 year old milf if thats what you desire. you're out of school and you're your own bosss so you dont even have much to lose. and if an older women doesn't want you who cares im pretty sure their are many more women to come in your life

• Age doesn't really matter to me as long as they are an adult. In fact I love younger guys, and to be honest I've dated men my age that were more immature than younger guys. I fact I have a crush on a 26 year old, and we have so much in common that it's crazy! I'd say go for it!

• Yes I would if he was mature and seemed to be able to take care of himself.

• No... anything younger than me is illegal. He'd have to have a lot going for him (which would be the equivalent of all the things I have going for me if not a tap more). Physically I haven't been attracted to younger men/guys... they will forever be "cute" like a child in my eyes.
    I'll never say never because there is a possibility that there will one day be a guy to change my mind. Though I highly doubt it.

• I always thought I would, but in practice it would always mess with my mind and I never could.
    IF, today, you ask me this question, the farthest I'd go is 4 years younger.

• Been there. Never again

• The reason why older women don't have "relationships" with younger men is because deep down your still young. You may speak, walk and act older but we know there are some areas in relationships that younger men are not going to be mature enough to handle. An older woman may be attracted to and even lay down with a younger man but that is usually to make ourselves feel better about being older not because we actually want a relationship. I tried this once about 4 years ago I was 39 he was 20 he spoke very well, carried himself very well had a job etc , but when it came down to it he was no where near ready for the type of relationship I was ready for, not to mention he was not experienced in the bedroom something older women have on the MUST list when looking for a partner.

• Yes I would date a younger man.

In fact I am :-) my fiance is 6 years younger

• For some reason I've always dated younger guys for te most part. My bf is 3 years younger then me which isn't too much of a difference but still most people think that's weird. He was mature for his age when we started dating.

Either way do what you want who cares about societies standards normal people never meet them anyways. I got so much shit when I started dating my bf but after a while everyone got over it.

• How much older are the women you want to snare? Personally I have no qualms about dating a younger guy as long as he's not too young. 4 years younger at most? Bout some people have different preference. Just be yourself, stop trying so much or you'll come off as being sleezy. Good luck.

• I know you want opinions from older ladies, but my close friend is 29 and her boyfriend is 22. He makes her very happy, and they have a healthy mature relationship. Life goals!

• honestly the set back has nothing to do with your age or your confidence it's probably more something the woman is dealing with. women are ten years older mentally than their actual age. You will come across a lot of older women who want a younger man but have probably gone through marriage divorce or long term relationships time and again , and who have the mentality that at this point in there lives no one will or should really want to settle. my mother divorced and now she's got a younger husband (half her age) but it took him 3 years to convince her he was serious about dating and later marrying her.

• Out of personal preference, I would not. Maturity is in the person themselves. Whether they apply it or not isn't relevant. As long as a guy knows when to wise up, it's aaayy okayyyy in my eyes.

• Absolutely.. And it's not at all " hard to imagine". :-)

• My current boy friend is twelve years younger than me, so far we've a very good relationship and I'm happy as can be!

• It would depend how young they're like if I were 20 and they were 16. It would be a definite no because say we were to become physical I could catch a case and its just wrong in my eyes despite any circumstance unless it was survival for the human race which I highly doubt.

• YEP MY crush is very mature for his age, im 15 he's 13 LOL he doesn't look 13 at all he's very tall and his voice is pretty deep, seems more liek a 16 year old..

• Age doesn't matter, maturity and ability to love does. I would totally date and marry a younger guy if he is the right buy for me :)

• i have always liked guys a few years older than me because of maturity. However, the guy im dating is 23 days younger than me lol but he acts mature. My mind is not in a 20 year old girl my mind im 28 I mean maturity wise.

• if you are both mature in mind AND in body 'if you know what I mean' ;) and financially stable then YES you should have the confidence to go for older women. :)
    i'm cheering you on!!<3

• My friend does and I've never seen her happier :) He's also really mature and he just turned 18 and she going to be 20 in a month. :)

• If he looks good, maybe but 2 years is my limit. The only thing I'd worry about is not having a lot in common esp with TV and music from childhood

• Personally it depends. For me nothing under like 2 years at the most. But im attracted to older me. Like to their physical apperence. But thats just me

• I personally don't find myself attracted to younger, though I am only 21. Prefer older, but wouldn't rule out the right guy regardless of age :)

• Emotional age matters more than the actual age, so yes!

• How much older? And yes, I would if we are compatible. Most of the guys I've dated were a year or so younger than me; not more than 3 years though.

• More from Girls
    36