Why do americans think they are the only country in the world with freedom?

America is not the most free country in the world, in fact USA is ranked 8th and New Zealand is ranked 1st. Also people have opportunities in many countries not just USA so the notion "america land of opportinuties" is just like a false ad campaign because people immigrate to Australia, Canada, UK, South Africa, Germany and pretty much the entire Europe to seek opportunites and "freedom". So quit acting like freedom is only exclusive to america and quit acting like you're the only people on this planet with freedom. You need to stop believing in world war 2 propaganda that your country still uses and teaches in public schools. And please stop acting like all countries are evil "commies". In conclusion no one gives a rats ass about the wars you won and real americans would rally against the governments imperialist regime or in other words medling in other countries issues, real americans would encourage their government to help and deal with america and americans because billions of dollars are spent waging wars while millions of americans are suffering from poverty and millions of children are not recieving adaquate education.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are no 100% free countries, and there have never been any 100% free countries. America did, however, use to be the freest country in the world. Nowadays, it is debatable which is the freest country in the world, though America is still definitely one of the freest.

America has two advantages that other countries do not, however. Firstly, America has a Constitution and specifically a Bill of Rights that have acted as a somewhat-effective brake on the growth of government power. Other countries have, for example, trashed the right to freedom of speech and the right to bear arms to an extent that has not been possible in America, despite the politicians' (and, ultimately, the voters') worst intentions. Secondly, America has historically had a philosophy of freedom: "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". This mentality is not yet dead, though it is ailing. America shows the primary importance of philosophy rather than politics. Britain, for example, used to be a very free nation, but the lack of philosophical underpinning for this freedom allowed Britain to drift much further away from freedom than America has.

• Growth of power like the 150 military bases, invading countries, prohibiting other nations from having nuclear weapons despite having their own nuclear weapons, giving sanctions to other countries. If you think giving citizens the right to own weapons "freedom" then you're clearly delusional and pro-violence and most likely a CoD gamer. And FYI New Zealand is ranked 1st and USA 7th whether you like it or not.

• Well USA is the first and only country to ever use nuclear weapons against another country so it is hypocritical of the U. S government.

• Was Japan innocent?

What Girls Said 5

• Shouldn't bundle all Americans into some pile of conformist sheep. There are plenty of Americans like myself that are mostly if not completely against the government and its ways of taking care of the economy and the people of the country. That's like saying that every American is a white supremacist when a good portion of the popular is in fact of other ethnicities like African American and Hispanic and Asian in some way. The only thing I like about America is the diversity of living; You can live in the desert or next to a beach or even in a frozen forest.

• The same can be said for Australia, New Zealand, Uk, South Africa etc.

• Exactly so doesn't it defeat your reason for asking? If you knew this then you wouldn't have needed to ask

• In a lot of respects they are the least free.

• Cause we are, bitch. WE WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST NATION IN THE WORLD. U just jealous.

• You're only 14 you still have a lot to learn about the world besides what your history textbooks teach you which is all one sided and biased and I know this because I did my last 2 years of high school in america. And Im not jealous especially since I live in USA.

• This... makes no sense

• Calm down. All of y'all.

• Don't blame the people for what their governments do.

• Okay, this isn't a question. This is a rant. Furthermore, as an American, it offends me that you dare group us all together. I don't believe all nations are "evil commies"; that simple term is ignorant. Russia and China, as well as North Korea, are communist countries, as they are run by communist governments. I dont nor have I ever said all countries are evil or communists without basic fact. Also the idea that we teach "world war II propaganda" in our schools is ludicrous. My history class actually condemns America for much of its doings, from its manifest destiny to errors of our former presidents and so forth. It teaches HISTORY, not propaganda as you say. Try a decent school and you'll find your claims as false. The issue of poverty is near bullshit in my opinion because for every person out there ACTUALLY in need there are five to ten others scamming the system. We need to focus on fixing ourselves I agree, and as a person who is pro-isolationism (policy from early 1900's in which we closed ourselves off from most world affairs) we must stop meddling with other people's affairs. However your entire statement is only a rant, based on what appears to be emotional tirades rather than provided evidence and fact. Calm down.

Oh, and as for us being the land of opportunity? We pretty much are. Illegal immigrants sneak across the border into AMERICA, not any other countries. My own grandparents came from another nation HERE, not to England or Australia or anywhere else, but here, the greatest country in the world. They had nothing and worked their way up into money. So it's the idea that since our founding people could fulfill their dreams here. It's all based in our foundation ideas.

Look. Calm down and reevaluate this. I repeat, This is not a question, it's a rant. there is no argument or point being proven here, not a question being asked. Don't use this for emotional tirades. That's what other sites are for.

Thank you! :)

• There are immigrants all over Europe , Australia, UK, New Zealand even in Africa which is where I was born and my parents migrated from India to Africa.

What Guys Said 4

• Your opinion is surly noted.. But the way all other countries and most citizen judge the citizen of the USA based on how out government operates is more false than the ideals of freedom here. We as citizens do not have all the damn freedom that you think we do. Just as communism crept in in the Soviet Union back in the 60's so it creeps here. It all sounds grand on TV , but live here with open eyes , open mind with closed mouth and you will be surprised at how shallow the notion of freedom is.

• I live in usa.

• Then you see how many of the citizens have blinder on to the truth , I how ever am not one of the nice that follows the piper. Illusion is just that and should never be mistaken for truth

• One of the the mice that follows the pied piper

• Why do other people think that Americans think they're the only ones with freedom? It's a slogan, nothing more.

That's like saying "Why does frosted flakes think they're the only cereal that's frosted?".

• Is NZ the first really? i'm surprised basically tbh

• you think we have freedom? lmao... come live here.. you wil learn we dont

• I do jackass.

• And I clearly stated that america is not as free as people claim it to be.

• sorry cock jockey