Gender roles should stop?

"Guys need to ask the girl out."
"Guys need to kiss the girl first."
"Guys need to pay the check."
How about girls grow some balls and ask a guy out for once? Kiss him. Split the check. Yes. It feels amazing to be treated once in a while but a relationship is about both coming half way and meeting a neck other in the middle. Love each other, one night treat him, the other night treat her. Be equal.

Most Helpful Guy

• everything you stated is slowly gaining popularity, but i mean slowly... lol

• I can't wait for it to happen. It isn't fair for the men.

• i have more experience in the traditional world so it would probably be weird to me but i wouldn't mind it at all. its up to the girl too, if she doesn't want a guy to get away then she should damn well do something about it like i would.

• I'm in full agreement with you.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd certainly like things to feel fairer.

Hell I want to know what it's like to have a girl ask me out first and pay for everything the first date (or first few dates) rather than at some point down the road. That'd be interesting, guys never get to feel special like that. That'd be swell.

But generally yes, equality and fairness is the way to go.

• Why aren't more women like you :)

• I'm guessing not many are idependent and believe in both genders as equals, because that's just my personality

• BE EQUAL AND FAIR. Like I said on a different comment. I grew up with 4 brothers & 3 sisters. Girls need to pick it up and take responsibility for once. I don't think it's wrong at all for the guy to open the door and the girl helps pays the bill. Just be fair and nice to each other!

• Yea, no need for feminist hate or traditionalists :)

• Very fair.

• Personally, I'd rather have an equal partner in a relationship but if I'm the one paying for everything then I'll be in control.

• You just made me smile :) i agree with you. I want to give, but the best gift i could have is if it goes both ways. :-)

• If only every feminist saw it this way, then I would be a die hard feminist till the day I die.

• That will be the day, feminists NOT wanting special treatment while "claiming" to want equality. Yes that will be the day we can all fly around the world on our own personal flying pigs :p

• What a load of crap. Asker, YOU were right in your observations about feminists! Dont let them tell you you arr wrong!

• Thank you (:

• In my country we pay for ourselves, this stupid rule that men must past for dates is only common in America as far as I know.

• I disagree.
    I want to pay for the date, its the gentlemanly thing to do.
    I want to kiss the girl first, its the manly thing to do.
    But if a girl wants to ask me out go for it.

• Than do that man.

• Not a problem ! Have fun!!

• I will.

What Girls Said 5

• The hard thing about the check split is the fact that too many guys are too proud to split it. I've offered on every single first date I've ever had to split and I've only every split once. Most guys claim they want you to offer but when you do they pretend like your threatening your manhood, so you cave and let them pay. But when the relationship doesn't work out they'll complain "girls only use me for my money" never mentioning what happened before or after they payed the check

• True true.

• @gray_sailor like I said everyone is using everyone. Their relationships are built on using each other or based off of shallow facts.
      Until both genders starts demanding more things won't get better. Men need to just say no and if you all do it women will change. And women will need to be firm in doing what they want

• Then I fear no change can occur (or at best will happen slowly) as half of each gender is fine with the status quo.

• If girls start growing balls that would be quite alarming

• utopia right there

• No.. More like growing up.

• Kinda have to in this generation. We all are pretty much a bunch of narcissists.

• That's why I said "shouldn't" and "utopia". Words mean things, ya know.

• I kind of agree with you. But some men like to control things like that.