Can an 18 year old girl date a 23 year old man?

I met this guy and we clicked. We get on very well but we're at two different stages in life - he is graduating with his Masters from University this June, and I will be attending my first year in September
But does that really mean you have to discount any possibility of building some sort of a relationship?

• Dating will have its challenges but yes
  • Its not even worth it..
I know I'm a very mature person and Im perfectly comfortable with it - its more of the idea that he is now going to be travelling for half a year then coming back to look for a job and its smaller things that can occur later on in a relationship like I want us to live together, but you live in ***** at your university and I want to live *****. It would be more convenient to date someone my age going through the same trials and tribulations as me but tbh, I would want someone whos been there etc
***18 YEAR OLD WOMAN***

Most Helpful Girl

• You're both adults here. you need to rephrase your title from "18 year old girl" to "18 year old woman" once 18 you're an adult. And both legally responsible for each other. Go for it! dont let age bother your feelings, just have fun and enjoy yourself

What Guys Said 6

• I did it. its really not that bad of a gap, really depends on the girl and guy though if they don't care about it.

• No problem at all, and no challenges.

• My g/s is 32 and I am 43 so as long as both you guys are ok with age and have maturity, I say go for it!

• Voted C. Why not?

• Yes you can date him. I've seen plenty of relationships that have a bigger age gap work.

• A quick check and a rough guide.
    23/2=11.5yrs
    11.5+7=18.5yrs
    You're on the limit, but is shouldn't be a problem.

• Whats this calculation your doing? I dont get it aha

• Half the older persons age and add seven. The number you get is the youngest age they can date without it looking weird. Kind of jokey but it works.

What Girls Said 6

• That's not an issue at all. As long as you're both on the same level physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. and you care for one another. Some age gaps can be a bit off depending on what stage of life you're in (one starting HS with one starting college), etc. But you should do well! As long as you're both happy and comfortable. Any relationship will come with it's ups and downs, regardless of age.

PS, I'm 21, and my ex was 44

• How was your relationship with a 44 year old them? That actually sounds fantastic tbh

• Yeah that is another issue but tbh, its an issue in any relationship of any age my ex was a year older than me *age gap was too small for me tbh* and hed get mad because 20-25 year olds would talk to me and i could talk to these nut bc thats just an age group thats attracted to me it was an issue, weird huh

• I completely understand. As long as you and this guy are on the same level then all will be well in the world :) good luck!

• Its not a huge age difference. It really just depends on you and him. If your more mature for your age and he is okay with your age I say give it a try if it doesn't work then smile and move on.

I hope it works though! Good luck♡

• Go for it. It'll be difficult but don't let it stop you.

• Age is just a number, it is more about live experience and how well you fit together. if you feel good about it, go for it

• It's possible if both of you want it bad enough. That's not a large age gap, I see no problem with it.

• Yeah It's okay your legal! :3