Is it still emberassing to say you met someone online, or is it no longer a big issue?

While I don't REALLY care, I still RATHER meet people in person. To be honest, I have a lot worse luck online and very good luck in person. But I do it anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you planning to meet that online person in-person?

• Of course. I don't want an online relationship... Locals only!

• I usually date several girls at once so it is a good place to find new and interesting dates :) In person is much easier, better, and more fun, but I don't go out that often.

• then there nothing to fear. I'm not a big believer in long-distance relationship or ONLINE-only relationship so as long as you can pull it into local-in person kinda deal it all good.

Tinder is pretty popular and so is all the popular dating site these day, there nothing to feel embarrassed about anymore.

What Girls Said 3

• I know of successes and disasters. More disasters but if it is within your comfort zone why not? It is not within my comfort zone since most guys I met online ended up trying to stalk me or just turn out way to uncomfortable for me, like wanting to send me plane tickets to they country they live or trying to show up on my door step begging for my home address.

But if they are local I think there can be more success my friend married and has kids with a guy she met online but they had a mutual acquaintance (worked in the same building with her) just to make sure the guy wasn't a creep.

• I never had a problem with it, most people know that's how I met my boyfriend... except for my dad and brother. The day I was about to tell them I met my boyfriend online, they had a conversation about how this was a a terrible way to begin a relationship and that nothing was better than real life first meet.
    So... I never found the courage to say it after I heard that...

• No longer an issue! Enjoy the chick!

What Guys Said 4

• y some1 should be embarassed bout it basically?

• Yeah, I agree, a lot of girls seem to have "we'll say we met at a bar" in their profiles though! Maybe jokingly...

• even back then I never thought it was embarrassing or an issue. the people that did seriously care too fucking much.

• I never found it embarrassing to meet someone online... why not? People are busy these days! :-D

• I'd rather meet a girl in person too, but no it is not frowned upon to meet online anymore.