If you didn't want to date a bisexual man, how would you find this out BEFORE hand?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him.
    Get to know him first and then just ask him if he's straight/gay or bi.
    You can't really tell a persons sexuality in any other way, sure there might be some clues here and there but the best way is always to just ask him.

• Yeah, but getting to know him may lead to some... unfortunate circumstances like hurt feelings. I mean, I would dump a guy over this so I would need to know before even liking him. He might have felt used or like I was leading him on if I did that.

• Then make sure that he understands that you're not after sex or anything in the beginning. Try to become friends with him and then once you know, then you can get to the whole dating part.

• True. I can be friends first and based off of that I can friend-zone him.

What Guys Said 8

• I suppose you can always ask beforehand?

• Just simply "Are you bisexual?"... lmao. That would be a bit awkward.

Or we could play 20 questions about each other...

• hahaa! omgee I think 20 questions would be the most discreet way, towards the end just ask and if he asks why you asked that just be like.. "I couldn't think of anything else and I didn't wanna lose!" lol

• Most of the responses here have made me cackle.

I'm not into bi women, full stop. I like watching bi women in p*rn because it stimulates me, but just like you, I wouldn't date one.

Let's take another example: I don't want to date a transgender MTF, because I'm not into that. I would want to know if I was about to date a MTF to know if the relationship was going to progress or not.

I see people on here need to wrap their heads around preferences.

• Ask him if he is a "switch hitter".

• ask him about his sexuality maybe?

• If a guy is interested in you, he likes woman.
    Anything other than that, is his secret.
    Same goes for women.
    I would never date a bisexual girl.
    Can you spell "Infidelity?"

• Can you spell stereotype? ;D

Truly, I don't generalize about bisexual people like that. But no, it's not his secret anymore since I'm going to be with him and it's a dealbreaker. A lot of guys hide it from their wives because they're afraid of what she'll think. BE HONEST. It's not that hard. If she's not interested, how can you blame her for that? It's selfish to think that you should hide yourself from another person and not allow yourself to be who you are.

• I said "there is a greater chance for infidelity".

When did I make a generalization? You saw something that didn't exist.
      You projected some trauma or issue onto me.

Bisexuality isn't the deal breaker here (like the guy is the one to loose if he breaks the deal... please..) its you. I pray for all the sick that are weak enough to fall for you.

• "Can you spell "Infidelity?""

That was the generalization I was referring to. It seemed to indicate that you were referring a higher promiscuity based off of double temptation.

*Yawn* Pathetic. :)

• The real question is why won't you date a bisexual man? I am assuming the question is about you and your dating preferences?

• Yes. Because it's not my preference. I'd be instantly unattracted to him and that wouldn't be fair to both of us.

But I don't see how that's the "real question". The real question is what I posted.

• LMAO. There are undoubtedly some people like the fools who believe that because there's "double temptation" that bisexuals are more likely to cheat and therefore doesn't date them. :/

I'm not one of those.

• Because I am bi sexual myself and I can tell you I get that a lot. People think I will always cheat on them or secretly in the closet. Just ask the man if he is bi sexual or not. There is no decent way to go about doing it.

• ask him if he wants to suck you off

• What doe's it matter if he is bisexual? :)

• It does to me because I'm not attracted to it. :)

• Yea maybe you can try asking te same question there, and se how different the answer's are. :)

• LMAO. You didn't understand or you did and you were being sarcastic. If not the latter, I would think they would be rational.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't have an answer other than just ask but I have a genuine question. What if the guy didn't realize he was bisexual until after you guys have been dating a long time? That happened to me. I won't be offended by your answer, I'm just genuinely curious as to how this thought process works.

• I would dump him. There's an instant unattraction that happens with me. The guy can be gorgeous and I wouldn't want anything romantic to happen between us. That's just me though.

I'd still care for the guy, but we wouldn't be able to have sex because I'd be turned off.

• Offer to threesome with another guy. If he thinks he'll get to kiss or touch the guy, then he's practically gay. He shouldn't be touching anyone but you in that moment

• You don't. You date someone and if you like them and end up falling in love, a silly thing like sexuality shouldn't stop you. Otherwise you're taking not only from his happiness but your own as well, if you were to fall in love. It's pretty closed-minded to shut out an entire group of people based on something so trivial.

• You may think it's trivial. I do not. Different subjective perceptions.

I'm not into bi men. Period. They're great in erotica or p*rn , but not with me.

• Have you met a lot of bi men? Just because they're bi doesn't meant they're all the same. I know one who's a lumberjack for a living and looks like a total man's man, but he's had boyfriend and girlfriends. You can't say that you don't like bi people if they just like regular people.

• Meeting them has NOTHING to do with it. I'm not attracted to them. I'm not into a guy who can/wants/does do things with other guys. If I see one who I think is straight and he's bi, I'm instantly unattracted.

... Where did I say I didn't like bi people? I thought it was clear as day that I said that I didn't want to date a bisexual man and that I'm not into bi men, but I think they're great in porn/erotica. And this is in the Relationship section so a basic inference would be that I'm talking about emotional romantic relationships and not simply anything from day to day.

• Just ask. If he's bi he's probably not ashamed and will tell you

• Ooh, it isn't something a bisexual guy would just mention is it? So I'd expect him to tell me before anything happened, but if we knew each other before we actually become something then I'm sure you'd know anyway. If not then I'd probably just