How can I get a girlfriend if I'm insecure?

Even though I'm mostly over it, my chilhood of bullying left some scars on me. I never had much success in my life, which was a train wreck all along. I was always terrible at every thing I did. As a byproduct, I still get insecure when I think of dating someone. How can I get a girlfriend if I'm insecure? Sure, I know what I want in a woman and what to do in order to get a girlfriend, but even if I get one, how can I make the relationship last when I'm an insecure guy? Everyone tells me that "a relationship with an insecure person is a time bomb". Will I ever get a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I think you can get a gf... its a matter if you are willing to make the effort

What Girls Said 2

• Of course you can but it'd be a bit hard. Insecure people usually fear rejection so much that they can't make a significant move. I'm attracted to a guy who's also insecure and he doesn't approach me, ever. I know he's into me and he knows I'm into him but still, he never talks to me first. It's annoying when you always have to be the one initiating things.

• You're never gonna get a GF. Sorry.

What Guys Said 1

• you have only two options. 1. the more successful one pretend it doesn't even bother you women hate men without any confidence and confuse any weakness for lack of confidence or strength.

2. be completely honest but in this day and age... good luck.