My bf was molested as a child?

what can i say to make him feel better about himself and show him that i care

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing. Don't even try to make him feel better, just be there for him if he needs to talk

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 10

• Assure them it's not their fault and it doesn't define who they are. My sister was sexually assaulted by a male friend in college. She still struggles almost 4 years later. Make them feel beautiful and worth it. I hate abusers!!

• omg your poor sister i feel so bad aw but thanks for the help!

• Just be there for him, and if things work out between you two, be prepared to deal with a heavy load. My husband was and it has affected him severely. When he told me I just held him & was willing to talk whenever he wanted to. But his phsychiatrist has evaluated his as a narcissist as a result of what happened. We are doing a lot better but you have to be open minded bc this is a challenge. And you have to love him a lot ! Everybody is affected differently but a lot of cases have been proven to make a person have really high self esteem (feeling superior to others) or the other extreme really low self esteem (feeling inferior) just pay attention to him so that you can adjust to what he needs and don't lose yourself in all of this either. Meditate often.

• oh <33

there is no single thing you can say that makes it better, I think. Really, nothing in the world makes it feel better. The best thing you can do is just be there for him. If he wants to talk about it, you just need to listen. If he doesn't don't pry. Give him space if he needs it, that sort of thing. Ask him about his boundaries surrounding intimacy if you get to that (though you should do that with everyone!)

But there isn't anything you can do that makes a difference, in the end.

• Just be there to support him. If he wants to talk about it with you (not likely), then just sit there and listen. Let him know that you're there for him.

• There's not much you can do, Just be a good friend, and be willing to listen never initiate the conversation just make sure that he's always okay when he's feeling down and depressed just be there for him.

• Be therefor him don't force him to do anything he doesn't want to involving that

• You can't do anything about it. If he ever needs someone to talk about it, be there for him. There's nothing more you can do apart from trying to soothe his pain.

• Make him watch Miss Violence and A Serbian Film, these will make him feel better about being molested as a child.

• I was molested as a child by almost every male in my family and the best thing someone told me was that I didn't have to be ashamed of it.

• My male best friend was raped as a child by a man and I was molested by my Uncle.
    The best way to go about it is to not bring it up, if he wants to talk about it he will. I don't exactly want my best friend bringing up my molestation out of nowhere, I want to be the one to bring it up when I feel like it. If he does bring it up, listen to him and support him... usually when my best friend brings up his rape I remind him of all the good he has done, make him forget I suppose.