Guys, if you start dating a girl you met online, how long is it before you delete/disable your online profile?

I met a guy on OkCupid and we've been going out quite a bit for about a month. I disabled my account within a week of meeting up with him, not because I think you HAVE to, but just 'cause there's really no point for me anymore. I just un-disabled it though, and it says my guy was logged on just a few hours ago. So I'm just wondering, when would you guys usually disable your profiles?
ps, no we haven't talked about being exclusive or anything yet. So I'm thinking that he'll disable it after we have that conversation, right? Thank you guys in advance! :)

Also, how far into the relationship should we be before we talk about being exclusive? I would rather not be the one to initiate that convo, just 'cause I don't really know what to say, so how long should I wait for himmm to initiate it?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• First of yes, no guy is going to take himself off the market until he is sure you want the same thing he does. Whether its ltr or friends with benefits , which it might be that he thinks he is in. A month is more than enough time to ask him (especially if you have had sex).

As for you initiating just tell him how amazing it is being with him, how great he is (butter him up a bit), and just say I want to be exclusive with just you.

As for me personally, I was cheated on once and the BS excuse she gave was that we never "officially" said we were exclusive. So I usually do that rather early on like after the 3rd date.

What Guys Said 11

• Both the guy and the girl have the right to date other people, and they should be doing this, until she brings up being exclusive. If the guy agrees and he becomes the boyfriend, all communication with the opposite gender must stop, unless it's for business purposes. Like you said, at this point there is no need for it.

• in my opinion you should be careful about making a relationship exclusive. Before settling down into an possibly permanent relationship it is important to survey the market, i. e. meet a lot of potential partners. Some you will reject in ten minutes, some at the end of the first date, but you shouldn't jump into an exclusive relationship with the first guy or girl who pays attention to you.

• You don't. Because in my experience of trying to meet people or do things with women I've met online 1 party or the other always changes their mind. Or randomly isn't ready to date (so why join a dating site?) Or isn't looking for the same things as the other person. Always keep it active but maybe dont have to check it all the time anymore.

• Well until you say officially you're going out, no point in disabling it. But I would instantly if I was going steady with a girl. I wouldn't have any interest in others.

• I'm not into online dating, but if I was, I'd probably disable it if I realized that our relationship would have a future. In a nutshell, when I was sure that she was the one I wanted to be with, I'd disable it.

• Once I feel like we are getting pretty close were the relationship has potential to be exclusive

• I don't think I would delete the account, but I would not actively engage in it either.

• Hmmm.. it's not that big deal if he didn't deleted his account, maybe he forgot to, or any other reason, but if you've already deleted yours, then he has to, otherwise ask him about that, tell em to delete his, if he didn't then un-disabled your account

• I keep it even if I seeing someone

• haha its what guys do so don't cut him out just yet but if things don't go right... and he was stupid enough to mess it up... Hit me up thoo ;)

• He may have a different agenda than you. I leave my profiles up because I'm constantly cultivating new contacts with girls and hunting for pussy.