How can I tell my boyfriend I can't go to school dances because of my sezuire disorder and the lights there trigger it?

I have seizures. Grand mall and child hood absent sezuires I'm on meds for it but the strobe lights there scare me and I'm afraid if I go to a dance it might trigger them. When my boyfriend and I started dating he asked me: "do you go to dances"? The first day we started dating and I got really nervous and replied: "yes sometimes" but I didn't feel like then was the right time to tell him the truth. It's really stressing me out. And we've only been dating for almost a month (12th will be our 1 month) do you think it's to soon to tell him? We have school dances every month and I don't know what I'm gonna do if he asks me to go. How should I tell him I can't go because of my sezuires without scaring him off?

Most Helpful Guy

• if that's serious u should be honest about it, without being scared telling it basially...;-)

• Yeah but I'm afraid of his reaction and I don't want him to break up with me:((

What Guys Said 3

• Just tell him the truth. Just say you should have told him in the beginning but were nervous and didn't. Tell him why. If he is a nice guy he will be ok with it.

• Just be honest and explain why - I am sure he will understand - I have a friend who has that and I never saw him get treated any differently by anybody.

• This is nothing to worry about, tell him

What Girls Said 1

• just tell him. its for your safety yor health and safety comes first