Is this considered cheating? I need opinions?

I have a boyfriend who is fairly older and we are starting to become more close to each other. I can now tell that he actually care and when he say so, not to get too personal but physically too. We both started to open up more etc

But I do, do harmless teasing with a coworker . It wasn't until my coworker asked me out for a drink after work that I told him I was under 21, he joked about me seeming older. Later he pressed to give me his number, I took it but it felt awkward and wrong .

Am I wrong in this situation? Should I tell my boyfriend or not? I feel like it was wrong!

• no, seems okay to me
  • yes, this isn't okay
  • I'm not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirting is fine, but I wouldn't recommend doing too much of it.

One rule: NEVER flirt with someone else in front of your boyfriend.

Flirting is a natural thing. It happens. There is nothing wrong with flirting outside of your relationship. There are two kinds of flirting - platonic and romantic. You are obviously doing it platonically. Also, just make sure that you set this guy straight on the fact that you ARE taken. I would tone down the flirting with him too. You are obviously giving him the wrong signals and making him think that you might want more than a friendship.

What bothers me is that no one sees a problem if you are flirting with the same gender, but as soon as it's the opposite gender all hell breaks loose. Flirting is mostly harmless, but you should set some boundaries as to try to minimize the confusion between you and your coworker.

What Guys Said 8

• Platonic flirting with someone who understands that is what it is, is harmless. I have flirted with female friends all my life. But it is understood to be flirting only, not making advances. I even flirted with my wife's best friend in front of my wife (and she flirted with me, even in front of her husband). Our relationship included lip kisses when we had not seen each other for a long time. the flirting even included talk of using a shower facility together at a camping ground we were all at. being a nudist, I actually could have done that, but we all knew she could not. lol As you have seen, various people have various ideas on what is proper. Right now the only really important belief about it is your boyfriend's. Talk to him.

• If you specifically tease him then it'd be cheating. If playful teasing is your habit then it's not bad at all. I actually like such girls :)

• Yes, that is just my personality, I tease everyone

• Haha well thank you! And for your awesome opinion as well.

• You're welcome :) and always.

• I go by the old adage... If you have to ask, it probably so. In that respect you flirted with another guy and that's flirting. In the future I would ask your b/f for clarifications on these things.

As for telling him, that's your call. You might want to tell a little about his personality before people say yes or no to that.

• I dont think flirting outside a relationship is okay,

• If you had a desire to do anything with the coworker, it is cheating. But if you just took the number to get him to stop bugging you, and don't plan on calling him, its fine.

• For me, cheating is, when genitals get into contact. Anything less, and I would still forgive her. Bur if I would find out, that my girlfriend flirt with someone, I would be jealous.

• it's okay for you to give him your number if you just wanna befriend him. And you should tell your boyfriend about it. :)

• No, just don't go any further than that.

What Girls Said 2

• Nah. My friend teases guys all the time, but then she does tease everyone. It depends on the person really. Some people don't mind their partner flirting with others, others feel hurt and betrayed. But generally, if it feels wrong to you, it's a sign your body sends you that it's not something to do.

• Yeah, I pretty much tease everyone

• You shouldn't be doing any teasing/flirting with anyone besides your boyfriend.

• Okay, even if I'm just the type of person to tease people about anything?

• If you're that kind of person, you should try and control it.

• Okay, will do. Thanks!