Feeling depressed because guys never like me?

I just feel so invisible to guys. Its lowering my self esteem and confidence. I see pretty girls or basically any type of girls with boyfriends and no lack of male attention, and i never get that. Honestly i don't think i'm ugly, my friends always seem really surprise that i don't have a boyfriend, they always say i'm so pretty even people that i don't know say it without me asking. But i'm starting to doubt that. I don't have a bad personality. I'm starting to think something is wrong with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• the easiest way to boost your morale is to ask for a rate on this site
    regarding others well everyone has a different life so stop comparing yourself, you are degrading yourself by trying to have what others have, enjoy what you have and im sure the guy will find his way to you soon as well

• I can't help comparing myself to others when i seem so different to them, no one else that i know has this problem.

• well find an online friend, someone you can trust and then you can tell that person your insecurities and that person can help you lift yourself up
      internet is a wonderful place, if you just know how to use it

What Guys Said 9

• That mentality will make you feel, like toast!
    instead rub some butter on it!

the low self esteem, is what pushing men away, and so is the fact that it keeps building on itself, go get your hair done, nails done, buy a new outfit and go to a bar, flirt and chat, build some confidence, all women ae desirable epecially since you aren't ugly! you will be desired!

• i doubt it, i already take care of myself very well but never get attention.

• adjust your body language girl!
      be flirty with them, guys are really hesitant, afraid to even look at girls! its crazy noowadays! everything is messed up

so you need to just say hello and see how they reciprocate

• Stop the depression about guys its useless and pointless..
    It doesn't get you anywhere. Itll only slow you down and eventually suck you up.
    Get out. Have fun. Meet people. Chat with them.
    There is no need to feel sorry or bad. You have plenty self esteem and confidence because you shared your story on GAG.

• Some areas have groups that put singles together for small adventures like white water rafting. There isn't any pressure for dating but the interaction leads to that a lot of times. maybe check that out. Some of my friends had great luck in eharmony, perhaps that would work. Good luck.

• It might have been match. com. can't remember. One of the two. One is married and the other has dated her for close to a year and it is getting serious I think.

• r u shy maybe?

• Well I'd give you an honest answer if i new what you looked like but from what your saying it sounds like your pretty and just want to have fun like the rest don't let stupid guys trubble you if your looking for guys around your age don't stoop to what there looking for don't slut up or make yourself look easy stay who you are and someone will se your true colors I promise

• It will happen for you; give it time.

• No problem just like me with girls just be happy and don't be depressed just make joke about the depression u have and the right guy will come

• - one maybe they think you are too pretty?
    - Maybe you seem unapproachable (not smile, arms crosses, gereally unhappy)
    - maybe you dress in a way that they think you are a prudeEX:wont get sex

• Haha... welcome to the club. I doubt it has anything to do with you, people are just shallow as hell... it sucks ik. But if you are really curious as to what people think of you, why don't you post a 'how do l look question'?

What Girls Said 3

• You just haven't met your person yet. And if you lose your self-esteem, you will definitely get no one. I don't know many men (besides assholes who like to control) that would like to be with a woman who lacks confidence.

It's exhausting to deal with a person who continuously seems to need validation in some way.

So raise your chin, regain confidence, and realize that there are definitely some guys who like you out there. There are many reasons why a man may not approach you, one being they may think you're taken.

• thank you. I try to be confident but its really difficult when guys never notice/like you. I don't need continuous validation, but i never get any attention at all from the opposite sex.

• You may simply feel that because of low self-esteem though.

• Also my friends think its strange that i haven't done stuff with guys like they have. Like when i tell people i don't have a boyfriend they think i'm weird. One of my friends even said its really strange. So it doesn't help my confidence when people are saying that i'm basically strange. I just feel really different than them.

• Yea girl, you gotta hold your head up high and walk around like nothing can trouble you. If you are attractive go out and grab the guys you want. Go up to a group of guys and introduce yourself, be witty and funny.. laugh a lot don't be afraid to come out of your comfort zone. The more you do it the more attention you'll grab. You're probably not different you're probably just a little held back. It's time to open up and show your true colors.

• You're obv. Attractive physically , but try to be more approachable and outgoing to guys! I used to have the same issue. Work on your attitude and conversation!