What if everyone was just made for each other?

My friend who is tried of her relationships that don't workout recently said to me "I wish everyone was just made for each other and we didn't have to question every person we dated to know if they are 'the one'". I replied saying what makes dating fun and interesting is wondering if they are the right one for you and there is definitely someone out there who is right for you but you just have to date others to get to them. It's like a video game, you keep playing until you finally win. I want to know what you think about this. Should everyone just be made for each other and you both just know you two were meant to be? Or date people until you find "the one"?

• Everyone should be made for each other and there should never be any problems with the relationship.
  • The fun in dating is trying to find the one and seeing if the relationship works out. It's like a video game, you keep playing until you finally win.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't like the idea of someone or something choosing what would be "right" for me or that I would be made for a specific person, task or whatever. It would pretty much kill the entire concept of free will, in my opinion.

I don't see life as one road with one specific goal and that's the point. You choose yourself what is "meant to be" for you.

What Girls Said 0