Hey would it be weird for a 24 yr old woman to date a 43 yr old guy?

He's a Irishman & hw doesn't look 43. He looks like he's in his early. 30s. it is kinda weird that he's my stepdad's age.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you are both completely at the age of consent there there are no legal concerns, and while you might get some social flak for it, just because of the age difference, I suspect the largest obstacle you might have to deal with is generational differences, in that you two are both from very different generations. Granted this doesn't mean the scenario is impossible, just that it might require some patience, understanding and a lot of communication. To be sure in all fairness most relationships require those three key elements. All I'm trying to say is each of you grew up in different times, so that can make for some difficulties in relating to each other at times, which might require some careful thought and communication in order to avoid confusion and frustration. I hope this makes sense.

What Guys Said 5

• Don't worry about what others think. Fuck them. However, the long term prospects for the relationship are not good because such a relationship takes considerable work. See my MHO to this question:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1377402-i-like-an-older-man-very-big-age-gap-should-i-go-for-it-would-a

• Not common and some would say weird, but it does happen and may of the couples are completely happy.

• You'll get judged, but it is what it is.

• Would it being weird stop you from dating this guy?

• Yes. A normal 43 year old can tolerate about 20 mins with a 24 year old. Your maturity level should annoy the living shit out of him if he's normal.

But, he could be immature.

• Maturity has nothing to do with age once you're an adult. I found that out VERY quick ever since I started working.

• Yes it does. You're kidding yourself. I used to think that too. Trust me, I'm 49. I thought after getting an MBA that we were all on same plane. Not even close.

If you're in your 20s - no one over 35-40 gives a shit what you think and definitely doesn't think you're funny.

It's true. Not being mean. Seriously , I thought the same thing you did. Now I know. I'd imagine 65 year olds roll their eyes at me.

What Girls Said 0