Girls, is calling a girl fat really worthy of a kick in the balls?

i said it to a girl out of anger, it was a bad thing to say i know and i felt bad, but only for like 5 seconds because thats when i felt her foot come up between my legs and next minute im breathless on the ground in the worst pain ever. Surely she went over the top?! why couldnt she just slap if she was that mad

96

Most Helpful Girl

• People say shit in the heat of the moment, you just need to control yourself. But I think the whole 'don't call a girl fat' is a bit stupid. Why isn't it 'don't call anyone fat, male or female' or 'don't be critical of others'.

Some girls take it lightly others, as you experienced don't take it so lightly. It depends how you are as a person. Do you care what other people think or do you just want to be happy with yourself? Yes girls AND boys are self-conscious, and obviously no one wants someone talking shit about them.
    If someone came up to me and said I was fat I'd tell them they were wrong, maybe think about it for a bit, but I wouldn't dwell on it or punch the guy in the face - unless it got to the point of bullying.

But hey, what I'm trying to say is don't say hurtful stuff to anyone because exaclty what it says on the tin - it hurts. Some people more than others but it still hurts. People want to be attractive so when you shatter that view you also shatter their self-confidence. But again in depends on who the person is and how they'll deal with the critism.
    I wouldn't say that if I were you though ;)
    Sorry it's so long, but I hope it helps! :)

What Girls Said 95

• Kick in the balls? Nah. Sucker punch to the mouth? Sure. I feel like I'd punch someone in the face for calling me fat.

• i would have rathered the punch

• a kick in the nuts still hurts worse... i promise you

• Don't call people fat.

• Any violence would be uncalled for, even a slap. It was pretty shitty of you though, cuz people like to make fun of women's appearances too much and it is more damaging than it should be.
    I would have just walked away. I've had men call me ugly or flat chested or insult my appearance face to face and I just walk away. Sometimes I will say something, but I'd rather just go.

Again, violence was uncalled for and your remark was uncalled for as well. But still, she should just be the better person and walk away from the drama.

• Nope, that's not worth the kick in the balls.

• No way. That girl was totally out of line.

• Would I personally do it? No. But you should try putting yourself in her shoes.

Your pain, while severe, is temporary (assuming there is no real damage of course!). After a bit, you're fine to carry on with your life.
    On the other hand, the hurt she felt when you called her fat, will more than likely stick with her for a while. Maybe even influence certain aspects of her life (not saying she'll automatically get an ED, but this paired with other aspects might do it).

This is of course only general outside perspective. I have no idea who this girl is and where her confidence level stands. Nor do I know if you did in fact sustain lasting damage from the kick.

• Oh wow. No! Actually, any girl who kicks you in the balls for calling her fat is just plain crazy. You should of had her arrested. And honestly its not like you curse her right so sorry but something was just wrong with her. Maybe she just wasn't used to being told the truth. Lol.

• I'm not one for judging severity of people's actions, but I am against physical assault (note: physical assault and self-defense are 2 different things). You did something that you knew would hurt her the most (emotionally), she did something that she knew would hurt you the most (physically). Neither one of you was particularly classy, but I don't think what she did was right. Its immature, TBH.

Alternate perspective: It could've been worse if she was more malicious. I've had male friends that had their lives ruined by their ex-girlfriends.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgHdOTR6htc

• You're another insensitive one. Guys are so crude when it comes to talking about things in general with their guy friends as well as insulting females. Too much swearing about females.. Bitch, cunts, mother fucking bitch, ho's, she betta suck my dick tonite or ill fuck her hard...

You got what you asked for. Words cut deep wounds within proximity but not far away... It seems to be a frequent insult to call each fat or ugly in high school. Karma reeks phat shite. :P

• You were probably the straw that broke the camel's back... Anyway, don't call people shit, you never know if they are crazy and it's not worth losing the feeling of your left nut or becoming infertile. Of course she was wrong for kicking you in the balls. Two wrongs won't make a right, but I can't speak for crazy.

• Hahaha Yep... I kind of see her point of view...
    =)

BUT, I'd probably just kick you in the face or something less painful like that... =)

super-trainer.com/.../KICK-Preacher12.jpg

• Unless the girl is being molested or raped or abused I don't think anything else deserves a kick in that area

• No. I understand the anger she may feel to make her react that way, but I don't think you should respond to such an infantile insult with physical assault. She should've insulted you back or just walked away, or at the most, slapped your face seeing as she's that way inclined. Why are you calling people fat aged 25-29?

• Violence is never the answer, but asking this question to others does not change the fact that you drew this violence out of her. Right or wrong, you hurt her enough that she felt kicking you in the nuts was a just punishment. All of us have different buttons that people could push to bring out the worst in us. Honestly, you probably hurt her way more than she hurt you. While your pain was extreme, it was only temporary. Hers will last as long as her insecurity does, which could be forever for her. A comment like that could be the straw that breaks the camels back, driving people to self destructive behavior. You don't know the damage you caused, so how could you or any of us debate how much her physical response was justifiable. No matter how mad you are, don't be cruel to others. You don't know how much harm you could be causing, and karma could knock you in the sac.

• She is a bad person. She had no right to kick you just because she was fat and if she actually was fat then you were simply being honest. If she doesn't like being fat she should lose weight.

• I was being called fat till 7th grade I never was fat and it hurt my feelings so fu**ing bad I would've LOVED to kick them in their "balls"! But I didn't and she shouldn't have done it too! Honestly though you kinda deserved it, lol but still not saying it was right!!

• Its really not cool to comment on someones weight bahd, but she was completely out of line in kicking you in the balls as a response. Instead of being the bigger person (no pun intended) and walking away or calling you out for being a total prick she proved that she is immature and does not have self control. I feel bad for both of you! You for the pain of getting sacked and her, for well... emotional pain tends to leave bigger scars :(

• No one like being called fat, but it's not worthy of a kick in the balls. If it had been me I think I would have come up with a sick comeback. 5 hours later. x)

• As someone who would only kick a guy in the balls if he was causing me physical harm, I say she went overboard. She should've either slapped the shit out of you or punched you in the face. However, you don't call a girl fat. Ever. Put it this way, it can bother someone for a long time and cause problems with self esteem. But yes, she had no right to kick you in the balls.

• Definitely over the top. If she was going to resort to physical violence due to such a harmless comment, then slapping you at best should have sufficed.
    People need to stop being so sensitive.

• to @abundantlyrich I have all the sunshine I need. But getting kicked in the balls is no joke. And for such a tiny comment? Come on! People need to stop being so damn sensitive. (I will get past you blocking me)

• I kind of expected the reaction, but she shouldn't have assaulted your balls. If a woman says something horrid to you, are you free to punch her in the face? No.

She was wrong.

• I wouldn't have slapped you. I would flat out punch you square in the nose. But I am that type of person who has a flare of anger so big a kick to the nuts only won't do it. That isn't something you should ever say to a woman, no matter how mad. Unless she starts berating you then all is fair. If she kicks you in the nuts for no reason, that is when either slapping a girl or pinning her on the ground is totally called for.
    You have to realize how sensitive to words women are. I don't know if that solid of a kick to the balls was necessary but I wasn't there.

• Yeah don't call me fat! You don't know me.

• so you would have done the same

• nope I would have walked away bc I am not strong enough to hit a guy. I struggled with my apperance all my life. I hate that guys think it okay to call as names like bitch and hoe and look at us like we have to be perfect bosy wise to be love. Welll fuck that.

• A childish response to a childish remark. Mature people don't insult people like that, and mature people don't start kicking around immediately when insulted. Did that happen in kindergarten or something?

• Times like this when I'm glad I have a vagina. Would be getting kicked in the balls every day if I was male.

• I would've slapped you and kicked you in the balls not once BUT twice. A girl can see or not trust she knows, you don't need to point it out. Its a touchy and emotional subject for woman, and its a woman's worst nightmare to be called that.

• You may have acted badly but you didn't deserve getting hurt. She completely overreacted and the people on here are sexist. It's totally out of line to call a girl fat but if a girl kicks a guy in the crotch that's all well and good. They wouldn't be saying that if the sexes were switched. Retarded.

• You are out of line for saying shit like that she was out of line for kicking u. U should apologize she should apologize. U both should think before you act

• I wouldn't have kicked you in the balls. I would've laughed at your weak attempt to insult me.

• No words should call for hitting. Especially if you werent in her face yelling at her that she was fat. Hitting is a no no.
    The only legitimate time to hit is if you were hit first or a person was all in your face yelling. I'm huge on personal space. Thats intimidation.

• Yes! It's disrespectful; it shows a lack of social manners and the fact that you weren't able to control your anger tells a lot about you - that's not something that any girl would find attractive/desirable in a guy.

• More from Girls
    65