How many people want to meet you on Plenty of Fish (POF)?

Just curious, want something to compare it too. I've had the account for about 1.5 years and been active for around 2-3 weeks and have 16 people who want to meet me. I don't want to meet any of them lol. For those who use POF, how many people want to meet you?

• 0-7
  • 8-15
  • 16-25
  • 26-38
  • 39-50
  • 50+ (see opinions for number)
  • show results

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do "online dating" mostly it's just thirsty guys, tried but all guys want to do is have sex with men on them lol you won't find nice people on them because these people scare away the nice people with their constant hounding plus disgraceful behavor of trying to push down a girls self-ssteem, stupid guys who make fun of you with their friends or their friends intentionally going ontheir laptops making fun of me while they go to the toilet... or guys just wanting cyber sex constantly hounding me to go on cam... argh... can/t be assed lol i don't know why other people continue.

• with me on them*

• What about guys who have trouble meeting girls. I honestly want a relationship and have no dating experience. I feel like someone knowing your interested in dating from the start is easier. It is harder for guys though. Girls get dozens of messages a day. How are they supposed to know who is truly interested 😞

• They won't take you seriously... doesn't matter if your a good person... i'm a good person... but at 1 time i expected them to try and see that but they didn't... "dating" sites are merely hook-up sites, they do not care if you tell them no... they will push for it anyway.

What Girls Said 16

• I tried it once when I moved... I had close to 40 guys message me the first few days saying they wanted to meet me. The number only grew from there. It was a bit overwhelming, to be honest. Some were easy to ignore, like the typical "Let's bang" (or similar comments), but others actually seemed to give thought into their messages and I felt bad. It was difficult to keep up with so I deleted the account, after apologizing and wishing some guys good luck.

• Same thing happened to me when I tried it. I ended up deleting it too. So many guys don't know how to talk to a lady :p but there are sweet ones in the mix too

• It's hard for guys lol. We all mind find the same girl interesting and attractive then overwhelm her.

• Yes, I can see that happening. On the dating sites (I've tried Match. com and OK Cupid as well before), he might be a great guy but you have to sort through the ones looking for a one night stand.

• I'm not a fan of online dating, too impersonal. If I wanted "ur hawt dtf?" messages all the time id get a Tindr😂

• I haven't looked. I haven't really used it... lol. I have an OkCupid that I don't really use as well.

• Have you tried a dating site where you need to pay money to speak to someone like eHarmony or RSVP? That might help you weed out some of the dodgy ones.

• i think guys literally just say hi to every single decent looking girl and hope one bites that's why its very unflattering and stupid. I am not a fish i am a woman :(

• I didn't used to do that but I've literally gotten no responses. At a certain point you do that just because you hope someone will at least say hi.

• yep its just boring to me and im not picky i just get overwhelmed and its very unflattering as i said. something like match or ehormony would be much nicer for me when im ready. POF has too man casual daters, or pigs and i even had a girl ask me for a three way and a dude want me to cheat with him on his wife in the same night.

• I started out on the app Meet Me and that was ok but it got boring and had a lot of creeps I blocked. Then I joined Ok cupid where i met my boyfriend. So try OkCupid

• I've never used dating sites

• I get a lot of messages but nothing worthwhile.

• It's not real.

• I love POF I've been pretty lucky I've been using it for a years and I love it

• Ha, I hate it. I have to send like 50 messages (they're not generic and are actually thought out) to get one reply which the girl then either deletes her account the next day or just stops talking to me even though she seems genuinely interested.

• Lol I'm straight! Fuck all that hokin up shit, fuck around and catch a STD real quick or run into a creepy loser or a theif... 😂 if the girl is not doing anything with her life then she's a ghost to me... I don't got time for all that. I'm not saying you can find love but at the same time I'm not saying you can't. The problem is everyone on these online dating sites lie about who they really are. They take pics hiding their body or tell you their rich or tell you they only had 1 girlfrirnd or boyfriend and they're really like a used tires. lol perhaps a lot of you people shouldn't set your standards soo high for your mate. In the old days you don't learn everything about a person until you actually have dinner together. Who wants to invest all that time into explaining how they're life works only to get ignored and or lied to just to meet someone else standards... Haha not worth it!😌👎

• To each his own.

• Nobody wants to meet me. I'm ugly :P

• 150 I just have no motivation to go through them all, and I have a message box filled with messages.

• I got a lot of request and messages. But me and my bf got back together so i ditched it. It was flattering to get all that attention. but i love my man

• All the guys on POF are on fuck buddy sites. It funny because the same guy can say that he wants a close affectionate relationship on one site. Then on the other he's just looking for no string attached fun.

What I have found out though (by experience) is that none of the guys on POF are worth dating. They have more issues than there are people in the world.
    Just stick to meeting 'normal people' the normal way ;)

• I found my bf on Tinder

• I have 1075 on the meet me thing on it about 2 months but I've only been contacted by like 105 lol.

What Guys Said 16

• I hate online dating but decided to use that site for a month. During that time I got the impression that the girls were even less serious than the men. I had one conversation that lasted several days , but the girl fell off the face of the earth. I dont know what women use it for , but its not dating. Also worth mentioning that the site was constantly recommending women who had NOTHING that I was looking for in the way of interests. This is gonna sound strange, but women are the only ones who stand to gain something from online dating sites.

• Like.1% very few most just use it to self market themselves that's right there are women who market themselves that way.

• I picked A. I have had very little success. Most of the women (not all) but most are either bitter and/or are time wasters who love getting attention. And if you read a lot of women's profiles, you will see that the majority of them are psychologically damaged. My profile is very well written and I have a nice photo, and the messages that I send are well written and thoughtful, however, despite this and the fact that I have been fishing for a while now, I have got very few bites.

• 0|0
  • Never even bother with it, but I had goood success on social networking sites though. I used to send tons of messages and would get tons of replies. FUCK YEA

• All together in the one year I've used it. 8 people liked my profile and tried to get to know me, 3 of them were guys so fuck that. 3 girls I wasn't attracted too. The last two hit but ended up flaking.

• It is a PROVEN fact that ALL dating sites have thousands of fake profiles.
    Its a scam.

• That site is such a joke. They even have where if u pay like 50 a month, you can add more photos etc. Sorry but no thanks!! I won't even waste my time there for free.

• POF = catfish..

• I had 400 want to me me lol but only 4 I liked but u didn't meet anyone tbh all the time I was no there I met no one but it's aShit site anyway

• Zero. Zip. Zilch.

• Very minimal. Dating sites just don't work for me unfortunately.

• plenty of fish is great -if you like carp

• I still use PoF haha :D

• Mine says 99+... stops counting at 99

• Never would recommend that site too many scammers on there