Physical attractiveness and dating choice, A test of the matching hypothesis: can you match these people?

According to the 'matching hypothesis', physically attractive dates were preferred by everyone, though people of less attractiveness tended to choose less attractive dates than highly attractive individuals. Do you believe this hypothesis is correct? Can you match these people?

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously you are thinking
    1 2
    2 3
    3 1
    but that assumes everyone rates the same people the same way, which is not necessarily true. Someone who I find attractive someone else may think ugly and visa versa. And also some people find things other than physical more important. Education levels, income bracket, family name, etc

• It's funny though that everyone puts male 1 with chick 2. I went the same. I'm fascinated as to why. My assumption is that male 1 looks more confident and fun. 2 looks a bit chubby and needs some sun. 3 looks like a scrawny goofball.

• #2 to me looks sophisticated, and intelligent. She doesn't look at all chubby to me. She also looks self confident and composed. #1 on the other hand looks embarrassed and quite plain. I also prefer pale women and find pale skin attractive. But I think that proves my point, that each person sees different people attractive.
      @Scrambled @Asker

• Lol... dude I'm referring to the guys only, not the girls. Bottom line, guy 1 looks more alpha, girl 2 is the attractive one. Asker even said female 2 is the odd one out (I'm assuming cause she looks attractive) most people went for that combo. But to me it shows something other than beauty. It shows how the game works. Confident, well kept guy (although not super attractive) will get better looking women.

What Guys Said 2

• Male 1, Female 2
    Male 3, Female 1
    Male 2, Female 3

• M1 F3
    M2 F1
    M3 F2

What Girls Said 3

• Male #1 with Female #2, Male#2 with Female #3, and then Male #3 with Female#1.

• Let's see...
    1 male with 2 female
    2 male with 1 or 3 female
    3 male with 3 female

• 1-2 2-3 3-1 male -female