Guys: what do you mean when you tell your girlfriend that you like her a lot, but don't love her?

My boyfriend told me this last night and then he said that he did love me at one point, but he really doesn't. He also said that he wished he could love me as much as he wish he could.
I am so confused. This is my first relationship and im his 7th.

Most Helpful Guy

• How long have you been together?

• 8 months.

• Hmmm, well I am sorry to say, if he was ever going to fall in love with you he would have already. I think he is stuck in limbo with you. The relationship is going well enough that he enjoys being with you and doesn't want to break up, but isn't what he is exactly looking for in order to fall totally in love with you.

• He told me that he did love me at one point, but it then faded away whenever I asked him to do something. He hates talking to people and I asked him if he could go to the arcade manager to get my money back since the machine was not working and I did not want to waste the other dollar. It was my money anyways.
      He also has ADD and has been off his medication for three months due to the doctor not prescribing a new one. So I don't know if that has an effect to it.

What Guys Said 5

• that i like her appearance-wise basically... but i have no feelings 4 her!

• Just because he's had more relationships than you've had, doesn't mean he's loved them. Do you know if he loved the other person in those relationships?

• He told me that he was in two serious relationships with two of them, so I assumed he loved them.

• Do you know what he means by "serious relationship"? Time has little relevance in things like this.

• It's the beginning of the end. He's moving on and this was your two minute warning.

• He is most likely going to break up with you, but he probably wants to be friends, possibly friends with benefits ...

• He's prob unsure whether he wants to be with you or not. Take a break in my opinion. Don't be with someone who doesn't love you. And with the break you'll know whether he wants to be with you or not. Don't let him use you.

What Girls Said 1

• He likes you a lot. But not to the point where it's called love.