Guys, do guys care if the girl they date is taller than them?

I have seen quite a few guys on here ask if girls care about height. I would like to know the opposite.

I agree. im 5'9" and i dont see a problem dating someone shorter than me
sorry ignore that last update, it was supposed to be a comment

71

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm on the short side, but I have no problem dating women taller than me. Why let something as insignificant as that keep you from finding the love of your life?

What Guys Said 70

• No, it doesn't matter to me if they are taller. I'm over 5'10 so it doesn't come up all that often, but it can.

I do find that I have slightly more stringent physical standards for women taller than me though. I don't like that I do, but I do. If they are taller than me I generally prefer them to have a slighter frame. The height isn't the issue. But if they are really tall AND have a really wide frame.. big boned... then I have a harder time. The overall mass is just a bit too much. A girl that is 6'2 or something, but with a narrow frame would be fine. A girl that was 6'2 but with a massive frame... I would be less attracted to. Not so much that it would be a dealbreaker, but it would take a larger amount of other positive traits.

• Some guys might feel weird about dating a girl who is taller than them. I'm pretty tall so I guess I've never thought about it

• uhm maybe a bit
    i have dated a girl my height 6ft and that was one hell of an experience lol!

but... taller than 6' yeah but only if i was really into her
    I dont care too much, as long as she isn't the starting center for The LA Sparks lol

• No I wouldn't see it as a problem to date a taller woman

• If it was a couple of inches I wouldn't mind. If they were a half a foot taller than I probaby wouldn't

• girls care more about height than guys do

• No, I don't care for height. She can be 7 inches taller than me and I still wouldn't care.

• I don't mind at all

• most guys do not want a woman taller then them.
    Most women, from what I have read and heard, want a man that is taller then them.
    so it tends to work out.
    but everyone is different. so you just never know.

• Yes because im 6'4..

• Things like height weight should not make a difference if you enjoy spending time with them
    In some case a tall lady can be very good
    All have ways to keep you happy

• I'm 5'7 and I wouldn't mind dating a girl taller than me, though tall girls tend to avoid me like the plague. However, I do have a strong preference for really short girls like 5'1 and below, don't know why I just tend to be much more attracted to girls of that height.

• I prefer women closer to my height or taller.

• No men do not give a shit about a woman's height. Men have very basic requirements for women. Don't be fat, or a bitch.. Basically it.

• No it is not a problem unless of course the dude is like a midget

• I think most women want taller men so being shorter is a severe disadvantage. Dating a taller woman might be a blow to your ego if you're short but I dont think many would mind.

I personally prefer shorter girls, Im not sure how I'd feel about a woman taller than me but since I am 6' tall there aren't many.

• It's a little bothersome for me. I guess if you were real thin and we connected real well I'd give it a chance, but it's not the type I would approach.

If you approached me, we talked for a bit and I thought you were cool and then you asked me out I would accept. Hell, if I began to really like you through conversation I might ask you out again.

I've met girls that to me would pass as maybe a 4/10 end up looking like 7/10s to me at the end of the night simply because of their personality.

• Yes. I actually doubt I'd ever date anyone taller than me, that's just how it is.

• love is blind

• I'm 5'3", and I couldn't possibly care less about a superficial feature such as height. I've known girls who've had crushes on me ranging from 4'10" to 5'10". If she doesn't care, then I won't either. I also think it's pretty hot when other guys see me with a tall blue-eyed, blonde beauty and probably think to themselves, "damn! He slayed that amazon, and he probably keeps slaying her every night!".

• No. I'm like 5'9" and I dated a girl who was a 6'4" basketball player and she wore heels. I thought it was pretty G. She was really hot it was cool. She actually told me that even though I was several inches shorter than she was, my personality was dominant and that intimidated her and turned her on. I came to completely forget about the height difference.

• Never dated anyone who is taller than me, but I'm not closed to the idea. Though I prefer a shorter girl. I'm 5'7"

• No I don't care.

• well, depends on the height difference
    if she is like a head taller than me i would have a problem with it :P

• Well it would matter to me as i am 6ft 1. Not many girls are taller than that so if they were it would make me a bit uncomfortable

• personally, i don't care about a woman's height as i'm quite tall myself (6"2) but i would prefer if the girl was a bit smaller than me or close to my height,

• I'm 5'6 I've always figured the woman prefers a man taller than her. Which doesn't work to my advantage. I wish more women wouldn't care about that. I just want someone fun to be with.

• We'll I'm 6'1 so I don't really have to worry about this haha. BUT I do prefer girls shorter than myself

• If that means her boobs are at the level of my face, no problem whatsoever.

• I'm 6'3", there's a very, vary small chance I'll ever have to worry about this.

• More from Guys
    40