Should I ask him out?

So there's this guy that I'm really into that I would love to ask out. I just feel like it would be a bad idea to do so. See, we're not really that close. We've talked before, but not often enough to become close. I would say we're more acquaintances than we are friends. Also, in a couple of months, he'll be leaving to live in another state, and so I feel like if we did start dating, we would drift apart quickly because of the distance. And the entire time I've had these feelings for him, I haven't exactly been fully committed in my feelings for him, and have also been focused on this other guy who rejected me and I've been trying to get over him. I worry that, because of this, if I ask him out, I'll be rushing into things, and then if it doesn't work, I'll get hurt even worse because I haven't taken the proper time to get over the previous guy.

And a part of me feels like I just think I should ask him out because recently two very good friends of mine started dating, and I'm kind of jealous because they're such a good couple and I kind of want what they have. And so because of that I just want to be in a relationship with little regard to who I'm with.

But I also really, really like him. He's cute, we have similar interests, and I really enjoy talking to and spending time with him. In the past few days, I can't stop thinking about him. I lost sleep last night thinking about him.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't ask him out of the bloom to date you, because since you guys are just acquaintances, he might just break your heart. I should know, especially if he's got a different group, he would probably start rumors and make it worst for you. Just talk to him, and slowly (don't make it all weird) but like just get close to him, enough to look into his eyes, and make sure he's looking into yours. Then ask him "Do you like me?" They make a decision on whether or not to ask him out. If he says no, well then fuck that bitch.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• No, I think you should drop some hints and flirt a little and I think he might just ask you to go out with him. Talk to him, hug, flirt and just be yourself and he will start developing something. REMEMBER: You do not want to be the one to be asking him out cause some boys take advantage of that and think that they are all that... I hope this may have helped you a bit mwahs

• If I were you I would tell him and see how he reacts. If he's moving to another state it would be tough but not impossible. Ask him what he would think if you started dating and what he thinks of long distance if he says he will go out with you.