How much importance do most gals place upon a man's height?

I'm on the short side, 5'3 to be exact. However, I'm perfectly proportioned, in really great shape (I weigh 140 lbs of solid muscle), and my facial looks are above average. I've dated my fair share of girls, and they didn't seem to mind that I was about their height (or some of them even a little taller). Despite all that, I sometimes feel that I'm "out of the running" so to speak with many girls because of my stature. Am I being foolish, or is there something to this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to go for taller guys because that's just what I like, but the thing is everyone likes something different, so I really wouldn't worry much.

If you meet a girl and you two hit it off but she won't date you because of your height, sweetie she is not worth your time.

There are also PLENTY of women out there who don't care about height.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think you're being foolish. I think women tend to be more drawn to taller guys. Nothing against you, it is likely just a predetermined reaction based on society.

But. I think, when you find the right woman, it won't matter at all. For me personally, I am 5'2 and I would want a man who is just a little taller than me, the shortest probably being about 5'7. I don't know what, it's just a comfort thing and feeling protected.

This is just me and I cannot help the way I feel. There will be girls out there that are interested in you no matter what. It should be your personality that matters most to girls so don't let this get you down. If you have a good heart, then good things will come to you.

• Thanks for the answer. I really don't get the "comfort and feeling protected" thing since I am ex military, an I'm a fighter and have taught self defense classes for years. I also used to power lift and can bench 250lbs-i definitely can and do look like I can take care of business.

However, I know that until someone knows these things-height may seem to be a substitute for true toughness and protective ability.

• Well, Some girl do not really like to date a shorter guy. I can say that myself about myself. But right now I'm dating a pretty short guy and I constantly wear heels so he is shorter than me. But his personality is sooo great, I don't care about the height anymore.

So if you feel like you can't talk to a girl because of your height you are being foolish. Don't worry about it. The worst thing that can happen is the girl doesn't like it. But there's so many fish in the sea its doesn't matter. Its not about your height; its about who you are as a person.

:)

• Thanx, I will try to do a better job of not counting myself out before I try.

• I hate to say it but I prefer taller guys. I'm 5'10 and I don't like dipping below my height and I know I'm counting out so many great guys. I like to feel smaller in a man's arms, its just comforting. A difference of a few inches shouldn't matter and you're clearly built, so you've got the "protection" aspect covered. If I met the perfect guy and the only thing wrong was his height, I'd deal. Don't count yourself out until you try.

• A lot of women are attracted to taller men, but that I did not say all. I am only 4"10 (in proportion as well as you are) and I would prefer anyone I date to not be significantly tall. It is just more comfortable to be with someone who is around your height or a little bit taller. I think once you find the right woman, it just simply doesn't matter, unless you let it matter.

Also, you've dated women before and have had experience, so that speaks for itself. I'm sure you're a handsome guy with a good personality. Keep your head up, shoulders back, and eyes forward on all of the beautiful women who would love to be with you.

• I dated a 5'2 guy (I'm 5'0 myself) and found him much more attractive than other guys I've dated. Personally, I think it's pretty superficial to write people off because of their height - it's pretty much the only thing that's out of your control, so to base a relationship on something so random seems stupid to me.

Good luck with finding someone who deserves you.

• Thanx, I wish there were more people out there who think the way you do.

What Guys Said 3

• Height really doesn't matter that much to a woman, now I not a short guy I'm 6'0 but I mean I've seen some really pretty girls with guys that were shorter than them, just look at Tom Cruise he's shorter than Katie Holmes, if I were you I wouldn't worry about, I mean if you are then just for girls that are shorter.

• I'm 6'4" and it is a pain in the ass trying to look for a girl that is decently tall. (At least 5'4") because I don't want to be bending down to give her a kiss or a hug. Also, I've always wondered what it would be like if I dated a girl that was as tall as me or taller. I think I would enjoy it very much.

• I don't think most girls care but I have read singles profiles that said the mans got to be taller maybe they want to feel feminine by a masculine man .Or feel safe or some thing .To me it seems a little superficial to me