Anyone on here not attracted to their own ethnicity/race?

Sorry, not sorry, but I just don't understand how one can not even take interest in their own ethnic race. I'm all for interracial dating, but I could never fully down those ethnically closest to me. If you are for example "white" and would never date someome else who is "white", why not? I would just like to hear some good reasons.

• I am attracted to my race/ethnicity as well as others.
  • I am not attracted to my race/ethnicity.
  • I only date my race/ethnicity.
This reverse/internalized racism junk makes me think of Uncle Ruckus from Boondocks 😔

Most Helpful Guy

• When I hear someone say that they will never date someone within their own race, the first thing that come to mind is either self-hate or they have been brainwash bad by society. Its one thing for a person to like and be accepting to date any race, but have a preference for one particular race. Its another thing when a person completely rules out every man/woman of their own race.

Anyway I love all women no matter the race. It's goes against my policy to discriminate based off of race in terms of dating.

• Yea i assume its self hatred. The types who dont date their own kind are usually the ones who "wanna be black/white"

What Guys Said 16

• I'm attracted to ladies of all races!

• I'm open to any race.
    I don't really have a preference.

But every now and then, I hear of black guys who have a strong preference for anything but black women.

And they always site personality as the reason for their aversion.
    And that strikes me as odd because when have dudes in general ever given a good fuck about personality up front?

More likely, I think some of the visual associations either in the media or otherwise affect them negatively.

I've also seen cases where black men were not raised around many black people in general. So the only black women they ever got to encounter growing up were family members. That can cause them to develop a strong correlation between black women and people you don't have sex with.

• I'm open to dating girls of any race.

• sometimes i feel like this, like now i see biracial and mixed black girls and don't fancy them, like men drool over mixed girls.

but i don't really see the hype, i like brazilian or italian girls more than biracial girls.

when i was younger, only tanned white girls or biracial black girls was my taste, now i seem to have changed. my first crush was a girl with similar race to me.

But now i think biracial girls are ugly

• It's not that I wouldn't date black girls I would like to see what other races has to offer. And then when I seen other races had a lot to offer, I decided to do the interracial thing. Black girls is okay. But from what I seen they're all played out so. That's my reason. It's all for the excitement.

• Lol "played out" self hating negro

• I don't hate my own race. The past year I dated eight black girls. I just wanna try something new.

• well i am considered Mexican but i am mixed with different races so i don't look like your standard Mexican from mexico i am mixed with Spanish native American french Mexican and some Persian blood to 5'10 light brown skin hazel eyes and pretty well built and i use to only like Mexican girls because i was taught to by my parents but i have pretty much like a girl from all races at some point cause i can find girls off all shapes sized colors and creeds to be attractive but ATM i have a huge thing for blonde girls and redheads i love colored eyes ;>

• So how do your parentst feel about you liking outside your race? Or do you feel they can just get over it?

• well when i was younger my parents use to be a bit on the racist side like most Mexican were back then and some prb still are but now lets just say i have a very colorful extended family but if it was not so i would just say get over it cause nothing is going to stop me from being with the girl i want to be with

• Preach!!

• I am one of those people. It happens. I am typically not attracted to my own race. Attraction can't be controlled so don't bash me.

• No bash but what dont you like? Their skintone? Their stereotypical personality?

• Typically the skin tone and general features. Most of them are also way too conservative and I want a girl who's in tune with her sexuality as well and more liberal about such things.

But see, if there was an Indian girl who I found attractive and not the typical conservative/prude type, I'd date her. And I imagine there are a few out there and I might meet one one day.

• 27d

Lol, same. Indian girl, not attracted to Indian men one bit.

• Ladies of all races attract me... :D

• I am open to all but meant for one. :)

• Like the sound of that :)

• Indian girls have preference for white guys so yeah... they aren't attracted much.

• Well what would you say most Indian guys prefer

• Which Indian/Serbian/Arabian race is it that must marry their own kind

• Yeah we marry our own kind but i was talking about western born indian women mostly.
      Are you latina or what

• I guess I have special snowflake issues.

• Half Thai and something else or something else entirely. Even though both parents are Thai, I get thought of as half and half or mixed.

• Count meh in but i think its prob cuz of im expose to more foreigners than ma own race but than again, i wouldn't mind getting with ma own race.

• Yea our own race should always be in the top 2 at least lol

• Its juz that im not expose to much of ma own race. True BEAUTY lies within its origin 👌

• who says a person has to?

• I didn't say you have to. I just want to know why would whatever you are not interest you at the least

• yes, i am. and?

• I'm half black and mexican. I like Latinas, but I'm not attracted to black women.

• Yea thats where the confusing part comes in. Why would you not want to date the same race as one of your parents?

• What if you find someone else mixed with black like you

• Thats cool

• It's always funny seeing white girls saying "I only date black guys" I always want to make fun of them.

• Make fun of them why?

• Because they just seem desperate for attention.

• More like desperate for a mixed baby

What Girls Said 12

• I could see why they don't want to date their own ethnicity. It doesn't always translate to self-hate. Sometimes, you feel like more of a family bond with people of your own race and sometimes you just don't find what you have always been around to be attractive. These would be the biggest reasons for me not to find other black men attractive sexually. I don't know about others.

P. s. I'm just giving reasons, I do find black men attractive.

• Good reasonh though

• Prettybrown's answer is the kicker, when I was young, that's was very hard to get over. Dating someone that seems like a relative is so weird...

• if you don't like people of your own ethnicity, something is wrong with you. how can you not be attracted to the male/female versions of yourself? everyone I knew like that had some self hatred/special snowflake issues.

• Yeah right. East Asian women and indian/southasian women are one of the self haters you may witness in western countries. But not all of course

• Oh I love my own race! I like other rises secondly, but I was asking for a reason from those people who dont

• Everyone has their own preferences. Some people absolutely adore women of my own race.

• I'm attracted to my own race I just don't find many cool guys from my race where I'm from. so I end up mainly hitting on other races instead.

• I've only dated outside. I'm physically attracted to all races, but that's all. there's more to consider than looks.

also, I tend to see those who look like me more as my brothers than potential mates.

• Wow I can't believe be majority of people see there own race as their brother/sisters. This is all new to me

• No several other people have rellied with the same mess that you said. I guess its someting I never saw coming

• it's not mess. it makes sense.

• We'll I've never met anyone with my same mix black Persian and Colombian but if I found on will definitely date him ;) but until I find it I like white boys

• Like since you're mixed wih black, persian, and columbian, are you willing to date a guy from each of those ethnicities

• wow that is really a interesting mix, arab and latina..., nice... your like so beautiful.
      i wish i was half iranian/colombian

• @baarkmann awe that's really sweet thanks :)

• I'm not really attracted to my own race. -20 down votes and hate comments- But, it's how I feel and its for some reasons. You can't blame people for not being attracted to their own race. It may be something that happened to them that changed their thoughts. That's like blaming the people that dont believe in God because you believe him. Im not saying I wouldn't talk to my race, be friends with my race, nor look in their direction.

• Well, I am blonde white and I think Hispanic men are hotter than white men. But I would never date a Hispanic guy.

• Okay, why would you not date what interests you most? Fear of being rejected by your parents or society?

• Why, are there personal reasons or are you just not into them?

• @Cherrylicious I don't think I would date a Hispanic dude because cultural differences and my parents would prefer I married an Italian since that's what we are.

• Yea sometimes especially when I see a guy with dreads and brown skin, I automatically think of my brother. I don't exclude black men but at the same time im more drawn to South Pacific and eastern people, and native americans. I can't control that.

• Oh so you see all of them more as blood relative? Okay

• No only some

• That's what I meant by sometimes, other than that there are cute black guys out there but I'm more drawn to different guys

• I'm sorry but I just can't help with what I'm attracted to. And I can't help but to say I'm attracted to NON-BLACK Men, I just have no physical or sexual attraction towards black men at all. Just being honest.

• Everyone can be attractive! But I do have my preferences sometimes, can't help it!

• I don't know how to answer to this.
    I'm half-Asian, half-white and I am not even slightly attracted to full-Asians, but I sure am to white men. The hafu men I've met had mostly Asian traits so they weren't that attractive to me.

• Why on earth was I down-voted?