Do you think it's hypocritical for someone with children REFUSES to date someone with children?

I don't have kids at all and I don't plan on it either. I find it very hypocritical for people ESPECIALLY men with kids say they refuse to date someone with kids and downgrade, Belittle, and bash women with children calling them whores and sluts and criticize them for being single mothers and claiming they don't wanna get involved with a child that's not theirs because that's not their seed and many other reasons which is understandable and there are women who do the same as well. But yet expect someone without kids to date them. I personally think people with children should date people with children and childless people should date other childless people.

I personally would NEVER date someone with a child/children because for one I don't like kids therefore I don't want any and 2, I wanna come first in the relationship and many other reasons. But do you find that hypocritical or not? Share your onions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think whatever combination works for the parties involved is great. What I don't agree with is making a life choice and having a preference, then looking down on people because one thinks he or she is entitled to not have to experience the consequences.

I actually mean that both ways. As a single guy who has zero interest in being with a woman who has children by another man, I don't think it's fair for me to then bitch that I have almost no options within a reasonable age range of me. Likewise, I don't think it's fair for single mothers to say "Man up, Bronto, you selfish ass. Real men raise other men's children!" because they think they should have access to what I have to offer.

So yeah, I agree with you insofar as people insist a potential partner meets their expectations, while also insisting that that partner have no expectations of them. That is hypocritical.

What Guys Said 4

• You're right. That IS hypocritical.

• Yes it is hypocritical... but most people don't care about their own hypocrisy.

They want what they want (not saying that's a bad thing).

• Well I wouldn't date a girl with kids because I'm a single dad with my own kids, it wouldn't be very smart to add on to that lol

• Not really, it's their choice after all
    Even if you consider it hypocritical still doesn't change the fact that it's their life and their decision to make not ours

What Girls Said 2

• "Ipersonally think people with children should date people with children and childless people should date other childless people"

I think the same. But it all comes down to individual preference.

• Obviously its hypocritical but everyone has standards no matter how stupid they are