Dating someone with a kid?

What is everyone's opinion on dating someone who has a kid?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you're in it for the long ride.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't mind
    The kid has to behave though

• No problem at all.

• I'd have no problem dating someone who has a kid if I liked them. I have no problem with kids, they can be entertaining at times with some of the stuff say and come up with.

• I don't think I have any problem. while dating her

• If I really liked the girl, then having a kid isn't a big deal. Now two kids or more, then no.

• I wouldn't do it unless I had a kid or I'm ready to have a kid with her

• Nah i wouldn't

• I don't like kids so no.

• As long as you and him click, it shouldn't matter

• I generally avoid that, too many potential problems to make it worth dealing with.

What Girls Said 5

• Depends what you want in life, and at this point in your life, and whether that would jive or not.

Personally, I don't date men with kids because I do not want to have kids myself, and I think committing to someone with children is committing to those children as well. I would be wasting both our time casually dating a man with kids, because it's not going to go anywhere long term for that reason.

• It depends on whether or not I'm in it for the long run. Committing to somebody with a kid is committing to the kid too. You break their heart, you're breaking the kids too (depending on how close you got to the child anyway).

And considering what two of my Mums friends are going through right now... it's not looking good.

• What happens when you break up? And if you don't.. Will you love the child? you're only 20... You can find men without kids

• I would. If I like him, he has great personality. Then I wouldn't mind dating him

• I would do it. For me it's all about experience and trying something new. Can't knock it till you try it.