I am having trouble getting girls' attention. What are ways to try to get a guy's attention?

I recently decided that being single is nolonger tolerable so now I am trying to find a girlfriend who I can be happy with. Problem is that I never know if a girl is trying to get my attention or not. I've recently bulked up some so that now my polo shirts are rather taut against my shoulders and chest so that as well as my recebtly slimmed down physique should help. I'm not the most confident person when it comes to my looks so randomly walking up to every girl I find attractive is out of the question. So when you see a guy who you want to approach you. What do you do? I could really use all the help you can spare. Thank you.

I've been boosting my confidence so I'm starting to be able to approach; it just really helps to have some sort of green light to go on.
I really appreciate all the help, ladies! I'm tired of being intimidated so I'm going to talk to the girl tomorrow. You all gave some really sound advice. Hopefully thibgs turn out for the best. Either way, it will be resolved tomorrow!

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh. That's the thing, you never really know what girl likes you or would like you. I think it's cool that you're trying and approaching but the best way is a little eye-contact ( not too much, it can be creepy) and sme smiling will help to. Don't go up to her too fast or all of a sudden. Let her know you're there. Just try to get to know her first before jumping on the relationship trainm take your time, you will meet the right girl for you, just BELEIVE.

• Thanks for the confidence boost :). So a quick warm smile over a long bond style one?

• Don't worry, im like that too ahah. Give her some space and time, but don't ignore her completely. I think she might be alittle confused or has a lot on her mind already

• It's what I'm hoping. I gathered that we really do have a lot in common and have similar personalities from our convo. Holding out hope that she is like you in that respect lol. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest though. :(

What Girls Said 15

• you need to start talking to girls. I know a guy who is cute, has his shit together and has a really sweet personality but he is forever alone. why? because he doesn't talk to girls. he is shy or something but he could be in a room full of women and not talk to anyone he doesn't know. my advice to you is be a little more outgoing when it comes to pretty girls then you will increase ur chances of getting one

• That's the problem. The last 4 I tried like that were lesbians. It is a real ego hit having that happen every time in a row.

• Oh god, if the girls I talked to could turn out be lesbian. I'd be set.

• Great. We can walk around and if I say a girl is hot, than you've got one lol

• very rarely my interest in a guy depends on his looks. Usually, it depends on the first thing he says/does when we interact. I've had good looking guys approach me in clubs with such lame pick up lines it made me want to throw up. Guys who did get my interest are the ones who made me feel special, who acted in a way that acknowledged my feminine side, and who were kind in a noble manner with those around them. A guy who opens the door for me yet doesn't give me a dirty look, or a guy who offers to help me with something (such as help me carry a heavy box), or a guy who lets me first in a line, or if it's in a club, a guy who asks me if i would want to dance with him, but doesn't start twerking or rubbing himself on me... these are the guys that intrigue me and make me want to know them better. Be assertive, but respectful; be nice, but do it from a place of power and confidence (not like an insecure boy who's gonna run hide in his room if I reject him). I am intrigued by men who make the first step, and yet are not afraid of rejection. Nobody is perfect. Even hot looking or rich guys have defects. Being charming is accepting your imperfections, yet putting your qualities and talents ahead of you. Hope this helped.

• If you see a girl who's cute don't stare at her but keep looking at her. Eventually she will notice and her friend will and do a slight smile. Act cute and talk to her. Be yourself but be a little mysterious or a bit shy. Shy guys are cute. Do not be extremely flirty, just flirt a little and make her feel special

• Well, first get rid of the polo shirts. Not really attractive
    Second, you actually need to contact with girls to get them to like you. No girl likes a guy without knowing him. You could start with something simple. Approach a girl at school or something and ask something about homework, tests etc. Or at the gym, ask something about work-outs. Don't make it too hard for yourself. Girls are just human too. If this works, you'll see it goes easier to approach girls.

• What I do when I like a guy:
    check him out
    Pretend I didn't see him
    wait till he sees me
    accidentally make eye contact
    small smile
    make more eye contact

When I don't want his attention:
    look at him
    Quickly stop
    ignore him
    avoid eye contact

• Smile :) and have confidence in yourself. Talking to girls is a good thing too. Girls like guys with confidence just like I'm sure you like girls who are confident. Don't try to rush things. Say hi, start talking, become friends and if it turns into something awesome. If not, twas not meant to be and move on. Hope this helps

• A guy needs to approach a girl, buy her a drink and DONT try and hook up, ask for her number casually but before that find out her name and age. act interested in her not her looks.

• When I wanna get a guys attention I will give him my number and be really flirty and find ways to complement him, and if I really like him I just tell him I do. Worst thing that happens is he doesn't like me back which isn't that hard to deal with.

• Would be so helpful if more girks were as direct as you.

• Wear a low cut top;)

• I'm sorry but when anonymous guys say they are not confident about their look I automatically agree and think they are not.

• confidence!

• I'd also like to know how to get a guys attention haha

• Smile and look friendly. Be approachable. Clean up and groom some. Etc.

• It wouldn't be bad at all, because in my opinion... Approaching a girl is very attractive, shows a lot of confidence.

• I'm feeling great now that I am able to. I don't know why I used to think you girls were intimidating. Most certainly don't look it.

• It's mostly our mind that probably makes us feel anxious, but once you get it over with and face your fears its like "wow tht was easy as pie"

• There's really ONLY ONE more thing to do and all the rest of these hurtles will be solved. Simple: begin dance lessons ASAP.
    Not only will you attract more gals with ability to dance... than even muscles
    but you'll know the gal signs, even be approached by them and confidence will rise.