Girls, do you expect the guy to pay when you go on a date?

Whenever my girlfriend and I go out to dinner or something I end up paying. She usually offers to split the bill but I just tell her being able to spend time with her was worth the price of her meal or something like that. I have no problem letting her pay if she really wants to but I always pay because I think it's the polite thing to do. Do you think that the guy should always pay?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• Well depending on the girl, some girls like to take advantage and some dont. Me? I always asked but made sure i had money because one time I didn't I was left with the bill before and didn't have money he didn't ask me nor I him but he said he was going to meet me in the car when I'm done. Bill was 45 bucks I was 16 and that was it. Since then I always bring cash just in case and if they ask where I wanna go I pick something that's cheap lol. It would be nice if a guy paid more often because it also means that she's worth it like u said. Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 2

• From where I'm from it's still the norm for most guys to pay on the first date. That's just how it is wired into the guys/girls from my culture I guess. But after the first date I'd always still suggest paying my half always. I would even insist on paying once every now and then for both of us. I just feel it's more fair that way. But I never "expect" him to pay. It's just a nice bonus but I'd definitely feel inclined to offer frequently.

• Not always, no