She likes me, but wants to take it slow because she is not ready for a relationship yet?

Hi there,
So I have met this girl that I have really developed feelings for. She just got out of a 8 year relationship about 5 months ago. From what I heard it wasn’t that great of a relationship, he was controlling. We have been hanging out and going on dates for over a month, with both of us asking each other out on dates. We usually hold hands and kiss on them and sometimes get physical with each other after them. She seems very comfortable around me, basically I can hold her hand, hug her, cuddle, or whatever with here in public. She has said she likes me and like hanging out with me more than once, she has also said she is falling for me and has feelings for me like she had for her ex. I met a lot of her family and friends, they all really like me and tell her if she doesn't get with me she dumb. She texts me every day with a good morning text, then we chat on and off during the day. Just recently we had a talk about how things were going, she says she wants to take thing slow (Which I knew she wanted to) because she is just not ready for a relationship yet and she doesn’t want to hurt me because of it. She did repeat that she does like me and just wants to take things slow and that she doesn’t want push me away. She said it would be complete different if she didn’t just get out of a long relationship. Then she that she wants to figure herself out and think about things before thinking about a relationship and that why she needs to take it slow. Seems to me she does like me a lot and wants to still want to date, but wants to have things figured out before we take the next step to a relationship. I really like this girl in a way that I haven’t felt about anyone before, so I don’t mind to keep things going like they are and sort of waiting for her to want to be in a relationship. I am not going to push the subject anymore then we have and I am thinking I should kind of step back a little, to a pace she wants. Am I doing the right thing?

I also would like to note, she said she wanted to take it slow in the beginning. So I let her lead, with every thing. She was the first one to kiss, make out, hold hands, make the first date, have sex and stuff like that. So we are at her pace. After she said that we still text with her starting most of conversions and we also planned to hang out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, she's very lucky to have you! You're extremely mature and understanding about this. All I can really say is just keep doing what you're doing. Stick by her :)

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, you are. Sounds like you really dig her, and waiting and taking it slow is the right thing for her.

• yes, I think you're doing right thing!

What Guys Said 1

• Do as she says, take things slowly... If you push her she'll run for the hills.